Engine Temp

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Temp
Just a quick question what should the hdi engine run at because mine runs at 70 but takes ages to get there, was wondering if the thermostat was stuck open or if its like that on everybodys

Thanks
Thanks given by:
They have preheaters I think they should heat up fast. But if its real bad it could be thermostat stuck open! Direct infection diesels don't heat up much anyway hence the heaters!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ah right that would explain whist driving within the first couple of miles the light occasionally dim for 10 seconds, im guessing that is the preheater. But should after 15/20 mins driving it be around the 80-85 mark?? Because mine runs about 70 all the time, its very handy at this time of year due to the lack of heat!!
Thanks given by:
I don't have a hdi so I'm just regurgitating things I know and things I've read on here lol! I'm sure a fellow hdi'er will be along soon enough :p I think they're spose to run at 79, I would change thermostat personally simply because its easy and cheap. You got plenty of water in there yeah? Start simple.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
There's a thread on this recently if you searched. Hdi's should run at 79/80 after the thermostat opens at about 82. If it runs at 70 after a good while I would assume your thermostat is stuck
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-19347.html

To save typing everything up again, read ^that
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Thanks chaps once again for you help!!!
Happy crimbo!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intake temp and Exhaust temp sensors? JTaylor2005 5 2,383 26-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005