Powerflexes, 3rd attempt failed already, Another design now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerflexes, 3rd attempt failed already, Another design now
I know i have said this all along they don't test their products enough before selling them.
Well they promised me a replacement to keep me going until they sort out the design, and they said it would be with me this morning guaranteed.
Nothing turned up so not very happy, as i am back to work on monday and do 600 miles a week in the car Censored
Thanks given by:
Eventually received the 3rd bush from Powerflex and their 2nd attempt at modifying it and they have not done much !!

They have cut part of the washer off to give a flat, and said to install it with the flat to the rear, can't really see that doing much to be honest, but we will see.

[Image: IMAG0937_zps0ccdf8c6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm can't see it doing much, it was the rubber that was the issue right? Not the washer?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
LOL, I think they need to do a proper press in bush maybe made of 2 different pu compounds
Thanks given by:
Yeah the rubber keeps splitting, on the first one, from the middle out, then the second one with the big washers the outer rim ripped off, and now just waiting to see what joys this one will bring!

Think i will be getting a baker bm or vibra technics one soon as i don't think this one will last any longer than the 2 weeks the others did.

Just wish they tested their stuff before they sold it as it would save a lot of hassle and Censored about.
Thanks given by:
You're testing t for them....for free.... They're not gonna waste loads of money on testing when you're doing it free lol!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Binned the Powerflex mount, their 3rd effort lasted even less time 4 days !

So went down to the car club at work this evening, got the car up in the air and removed the mount.

[Image: IMAG0941_zpsf7bdb6a8.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0940_zps814bf498.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0944_zps3a9939ed.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0945_zps2e644dd3.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0947_zpsdeab2b70.jpg]

As i knew their improvements wouldn't work and they are a very long way off from sorting it, i was after a one of the ones Rippthrough makes, i have heard nothing back from him so i got myself a Vibra-technics one.

[Image: IMAG0939_zps218fdf2e.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0948_zps4c6054ec.jpg]

All fitted and the car drives much better, alot less engine movement, it vibrates a little more than standard on idle but less than the powerflex one did.
Was nice and easy to fit, no need to remove the driveshaft and bracket it mounts to, managed to press it in in situe using threaded bar and some bits out of a bearing puller kit my mate has. The hardest bit was getting it started and to go in straight, once it was started it went in quite easily.
It's not something i would want to do without a ramp.

So if you have a Powerflex one and your waiting to fit it, I honestly wouldn't bother.
Thanks given by:
Have you got a link to this one bud?
Thanks given by:
Thats interesting, the vibratechnics one has less idle vibration than the powerflex?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2014, 11:19 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Have you got a link to this one bud?

http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/peugeot/...ew_engines

(15-01-2014, 11:21 PM)rd070707 Wrote: Thats interesting, the vibratechnics one has less idle vibration than the powerflex?

Yeah, and there is a lot less engine movement and i would imagine it will last more than the 4 days the Powerflex one can manage.
The Powerflex one is not really designed right, yeah it's easy to fit but it it is not man enough for the job.
Thanks given by:
they are cheaper on ebay delivered than from the web shop direct Wink
£42.48 from vibra tec web shop
£30.08 from ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110843260753
Thanks given by:
Hmm they came up as 25 + vat on the shop?
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2014, 11:46 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Hmm they came up as 25 + vat on the shop?

go through checkout it adds VAT and delivery
Thanks given by:
I managed to get mine from place near me, they are a vibra technics ( amongst others ) stockist, so didn't have to pay delivery.
Thanks given by:
They even manage to wangle in VAT on the delivery charge?

Surely there shouldn't be VAT on delivery? Or am I completely wrong?

EDIT: I am wrong.
Thanks given by:
Theres a difference between postage and carriage. Postage cant be taxed but carriage can i think so it depends how its phrased. It doesnt benefit them to be adding tax though so not sure why it would be.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well if they are adding tax its maybe to stop them paying the tax portion of the delivery?

Otherwise im stumped
Thanks given by:
Probably.
Thanks given by:
Is it just the red ones causing these issues?

Ive used the same yellow mount on 3 engines, and recently put it on the perv, and still going strong, no problems at all, dumping clutchs at 6k @ 60psi...dosnt give a shit...so im wondering if the problem is the compound used on these red ones?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
my red one has been in for over 3k. Perhaps I ought to check it :S . mines the original design with big washers.
Thanks given by:
The one with the big washers was their second effort, the first didn't have them.
They used to split from the centre outwards, like my first one, then as soon as the big washers were introduced, mine started to split on the outer lip and one almost pulled through the housing, when i removed it the lip was inside the housing rather than up against it.
Both my other mounts engine and gearbox are genuine pug ones less then 6 months old.

The original yellow one caused problems and did the same, which is why they did the big washer upgrade.
I think the yellow ones are a bit stiff for diesels so it caused a fair bit of vibration, so they did the red compound one, which seems a little soft/weak.
I have been checking mine all the time over the last few months as when the first one split i became paranoid.
I don't think i would of noticed it if i had not been checking it so often, every time i was under the car doing other jobs i was checking it.

Have a read here :

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=134555
Thanks given by:
What I meant was that mine is the one without the recessed parts for the washers.

They sent washers out to me though. What I found was that the 'fork' was clamping one side and causing the furthest side to push apart. But managed to fit the washers (hellish tight) and seemed OK. Will check though.

My Top mount is a hybrid Tongue but its fairly chocked. And I just have a xantia gearbox one as thats all that I had kicking about.

Little bit of shake on idle but nothing dramatic.
Thanks given by:
Mine has no washers...and like i said, 0 problems...seems odd really. Dont do mega miles though. Its only done like 10k in total, but had some SERIOUS abuse...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I do 600 + miles a week in mine, so it soon adds up. But without removing the mount sometimes you can't see the split if it is from the centre outwards
Maybe i was just unlucky but i deffo wouldn't fit another one to mine, just glad i got the vibra technics one in now.

Even with the powerflex one in and the new genuine pug mounts the engine still moved a fair bit, maybe chocking the top mount helps ( mine wasn't chocked ), but with the vibra technics one it all feels much tighter and you can notice that there is less movement.
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2014, 11:05 PM)titch Wrote: As i knew their improvements wouldn't work and they are a very long way off from sorting it, i was after a one of the ones Rippthrough makes, i have heard nothing back from him so i got myself a Vibra-technics one.

Yeah, sorry pal, I've just got all sorts of shit going on with family health at the minute and not managing to get 2 minutes to myself most days!
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2014, 05:18 PM)Rippthrough Wrote:
(15-01-2014, 11:05 PM)titch Wrote: As i knew their improvements wouldn't work and they are a very long way off from sorting it, i was after a one of the ones Rippthrough makes, i have heard nothing back from him so i got myself a Vibra-technics one.

Yeah, sorry pal, I've just got all sorts of shit going on with family health at the minute and not managing to get 2 minutes to myself most days!

What ones do you make & what do they cost bud?
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2014, 10:44 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Is it just the red ones causing these issues?

Ive used the same yellow mount on 3 engines, and recently put it on the perv, and still going strong, no problems at all, dumping clutchs at 6k @ 60psi...dosnt give a shit...so im wondering if the problem is the compound used on these red ones?

This. Ive had my yellow one for about 18 months and last time i was under there, it was spot on. Mind you i don't have a chronically boosted motor like darren so if his was standing up to it fine, I'm sure mine will :p
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2014, 05:18 PM)Rippthrough Wrote:

No worries mate, i didn't want to pester you with pm's but i needed one sooner rather than later.
Cheers Titch
Thanks given by:
If your making a batch ripp ill take one
Thanks given by:
Today in the post Powerflexes all new design lower engine mount turned up, I have had the vibratechnics one in for a while now with no problems so it will be staying, and won't be fitting this. And the vibration from the Vibratechnics one is less than the Powerflex one.
But it took a while for Powerflex to sort it.
Still dont think it will be that good.
They have made a cut out for the fork bracket to fit into, and the side lips are alot thicker. And it is ment to have been tested on a vehicle and been fine.

[Image: IMAG1070_zps1d97e532.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1071_zps9bd60c0e.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhaust Design? JTaylor2005 14 3,003 02-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Hdi failed mot :( LewisG 2 1,277 16-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Last Post: LewisG
  Failed remap upload callumcull 32 9,126 27-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Last Post: callumcull