Powerflexes, 3rd attempt failed already, Another design now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerflexes, 3rd attempt failed already, Another design now
Bit of an update:

Powerflex have had lots of complaints about their new design and the ammount of vibration it causes, so they are changing the material spec to try and reduce it. They are going to send me another one when they have done it.

The vibratechnics one vibrates but no where near as much as the powerflex one used to, and now i have covered a few thousand miles + ( about 5K) with the vibratechnics one the vibration is minimal.

But if you fit an uprated or solid mount to a diesel then it will vibrate.
Thanks given by:
Ive not long fitted a powerflex, sent with the washers, but with no cut out. Its not split yet, but the vibration's are there, But they seem to come and go. Tommorow im going to fit a pair of Rubber washers either side of the bolt which fits through the subframe, to try and cut down on the metal to metal contact. Also planning on using copious amounts of copper grease where the powerflex mount pushes in, and around the bolt. Will let you guys know if it helps :-)
Thanks given by:
Vibration WILL occur!!!

Pointless to moan about vibration when you buy firmer engine mounts...its a compromise isnt it, like moaning about a firm ride woth uprated suspension
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
its not the vibration that bothered me in all honesty.

It's the rattles that come as a part of the vibrations that bothered me. Whole dash rattle unless i applied amounts of pressure in other areas. Glad to be back to a standard mount if im honest! Smile
Thanks given by:
Ohh, don't get me wrong lol, I accept the fact that if an original mount is replaced by something using a harder material, its going to cause some vibration. All im trying to do is workout how it can be cut down somewhat. Most of the vibrations and additional noise (I beleave) come from the steering rack on mine. The ZF type has a flimsy metal protecter plate, and thats vibrating like no tomorrow lol. Been having a look at how a few different types of front wheel drive car apply the power to the tarmac, and beleave it or not lol, one of the best ive seen so far is actually british (or was lol). The MG ZS uses a type of damper, which gave me an idea. :-):-)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhaust Design? JTaylor2005 14 2,974 02-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Hdi failed mot :( LewisG 2 1,274 16-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Last Post: LewisG
  Failed remap upload callumcull 32 9,112 27-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Last Post: callumcull