Changing the serpentine tensioner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the serpentine tensioner
Erm...
Ok I know how to change it. Undo bolt, remove, refit new, remove securing pin, done but how?
How do you get enough room?
I cant get my hand in there, let alone an Allen key, ratchet and my hand...
Thanks given by:
Do it from the wheel arch, there's just enough room to do it from there.
Thanks given by:
Take engine off the mount and drop it down on the jack give you more room if your struggling
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
It is doable with out removing the engine mount, i used a normal allen key ( as that will just fit in there ) with a bar on the end to give a bit more leverage, once loose undo and remove bolt with fingers. It needs a bit of jiggling about to get the tensioner out, and then the same with the new one to get it back in.
Once in do the bolt back up with your fingers as far as you can then a normal allen key and give it the final nip up with a bar on the end of the allen key. All done from the drivers side arch. Took less than an hour from start to finish.
Thanks given by:
Sweeeet. You guys are very sexy individuals. Lol
Thanks given by:
Mines started to squeakConfused
Thanks given by:
31.08 at euros...
Thanks given by:
Euro lol, give it a week and itl drop off n roll down the road next to you laughing lol. Think mine might just the the belt tbf
Thanks given by:
When he says Euros i think he means Euro car parts...

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...181&000112
Thanks given by:
Yeh i know, i use them on a daily basis, the quality of some of there parts lately is shocking. I was just messing, i dowt it will fall off...............
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble changing Auxillary belt - automatic tensioner CaptainHair 10 2,542 12-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Last Post: pug306driver