What phase is my peugeot 306 ???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What phase is my peugeot 306 ???
So as this does come up from time to time i thought id do a quick simple guide to help noob's identify what phase 306 they own , This guide is just based on quick look at the outside of the car.

So keeping it simple,

ph1 L Reg to P Reg

This is the square "older looking" 306, Main differences being:

Square 2 piece headlights
Flatter bonnet & grille & bumper rectangle Fogs
Thicker bump strips along the sides,

They came with 3 different types of front bumper 2 of which are shown below

Next up Is ph2 That Run from P Reg to S Reg

Every thing became more rounded
1 piece frosted (more rounded) headlights
Rounded Bonnet with and upwards bulge & a bigger newer style badge
Rounded bumper with D shaped fogs & a dip under the grille
slimmer bump strips along the sides
orange side repeaters

Next up was ph2.5 S Reg to T Reg

This was basically a update to the ph2 where they colour coded the front and rear bumper like so

Then finally Ph3 V Reg to 52 being the very last to roll off the line

These had a bigger bonnet boulge
New rounder bumper, Round fog lights in the grille its self
Clear (non frosted) headlights
colour coded bump strips
colour coded side skirts
clear side repeaters

GTI6's

Ph1 the same as the description as ph1 above, came with the "sports" type bumper

Ph2

The differences between ph2 & ph3 gti's are harder to spot

Now these where the 1st 306 the have whats known as the "ph3 bumper"

Later rounded type bumper. round frosted fogs
frosted ph2 headlights
smaller bonnet bulge
black plastic bump strips
black plastic strip along side skirts
smaller rear spoiler
orange side repeaters

Ph3

Same front bumper but with clear round fogs
Ph3 clear (non frosted) headlights
larger bonnet bulge
colour coded bump strips
fully colour coded side skirts
larger spoiler
clear side repeaters

Pictures taken from google , i know some of them are on the forum, so if any one has a problem please contact me.

Also any input is appreciated

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
For GTi section, you've used the same photo for ph1 + 2 Smile
Thanks given by:
Bugger cheers

Fixed

Thanks given by:
Its an informative post. Good work
Thanks given by:
Ph1 is actually K reg to R reg to be entirely correct

(14-12-2013, 10:07 AM)Sambarker Wrote: Ph1 is actually K reg to R reg to be entirely correct

Oh and ph2.5 up to V reg
Thanks given by:
The phases overlap a lot though, where Pug had to use up the old parts I think lol, hence loads of PBS's. Plus the fact the XUD's still came out on T reg in phase 2.5...and HDi's also came out on T reg in full phase 3.
Thanks given by:
The reg is just a guide of what is most common as we all know they are all over the place like sians S plate ph1 for example.

Thanks given by:
Phase 3 and 2.5 also had rubberless booted and washerjet removed from wiperarms, no plastic strip on the bottoms if that's info to add
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Ok so now with a better picture my car is a ph1 looks identical to the 2nd photo but mines red haha was it a good save from the scrap man ?
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2013, 09:35 AM)sillywotsit1993 Wrote: Ok so now with a better picture my car is a ph1 looks identical to the 2nd photo but mines red haha was it a good save from the scrap man ?

Almost everything is a good save from the scrap man of you've got the time and money!
Thanks given by:
Lmao time yes money no but a trackrod end and a backbox I think I can deal with
Thanks given by:
Thought I'd just add you a list of all the current additions/corrections that i can think of

Not all ph1s had thicker rub strips

ph2/3 had different rear lights

There is no ph 2.5 as not all had colour coded bumpers. Its the same as people calling the very late ph3s a ph4

ph2 cabbys have GTi/ph3 bumpers

ph3 boots dont have rubbers or the strip along the bottom

youve made no reference to the changeover PBS cars

ph1s have completely different wiring looms to ph2/3

I forget which cars but some had visible vins on all windows

ph1/2 had bolt on spoilers (through the glass) whereas ph3 was stick on

the rear bumpers are different between the phases

not all ph3s have the ph3 bumpers, the very bottom spec had ph2 bumpers

ph3 got rain sensing wipers, silver interior trim and the solar reflect windscreen became an option. There is alot of interior stuff that is different but I wont go into it all

ph1/2 RCL is IR and ph3 RCL is RF
Thanks given by:
Mostly agree with that Chris, but the ph3 spoiler is bolt on from the factory, but through the metal instead of the glass. And I've seen several L spec NADs with full ph3 bumpers, it seems just the early ph3 ones did still come with ph2 bumpers.

Also theres no mention of phase 4! At X reg phase 4's came out, this includes airbagged seats and fat headrests. 266mm Lucas front brakes and the GTi6 MC become standard across all models (except GTi6). Meridians gain rear electric windows. Front speakers now have separate tweeters (mounted in mirror covers) and mids, whereas the older ones are combined. There's probably some more I've forgotten - but for spec the ph4 is the one to go for. Wink
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2013, 05:53 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Mostly agree with that Chris, but the ph3 spoiler is bolt on from the factory, but through the metal instead of the glass. And I've seen several L spec NADs with full ph3 bumpers, it seems just the early ph3 ones did still come with ph2 bumpers.

Also theres no mention of phase 4! At X reg phase 4's came out, this includes airbagged seats and fat headrests. 266mm Lucas front brakes and the GTi6 MC become standard across all models (except GTi6). Meridians gain rear electric windows. Front speakers now have separate tweeters (mounted in mirror covers) and mids, whereas the older ones are combined. There's probably some more I've forgotten - but for spec the ph4 is the one to go for. Wink

I've heard ph5 is where it's at
Thanks given by:
Jamie, it's a good guide, people are just nitpicking IMO.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Yeah jamie as jonny says were not nit picking, I was gonna write this guide myself, just combined we could make something truly awesome.

Tom you got airbagged seats pre ph4 in alot of models and also electric rear windows pre x reg on the meridian too.
Thanks given by:
I think the idea is a guide to help people decide which they own, not a detailed guide of all the differences and attributes of each one.
Good work!
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2013, 10:22 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Tom you got airbagged seats pre ph4 in alot of models and also electric rear windows pre x reg on the meridian too.

Which models then? Not the Meridian, DTurbo or XS pre X reg, GTi6 maybe though. And rear electrics weren't standard on Meridians pre X reg, I've had plenty of Meridians lol, they were an option until that point that most come without though. Wink
Thanks given by:
It was supposed to be guide just for noobs to identify what phase they have but once all suggestions are in i can ggo back clean it up and make it a full phase guide including cabbies ThumbsUp

Thanks given by:
Lmao o gosh I started this haha
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2013, 09:17 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(15-12-2013, 10:22 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Tom you got airbagged seats pre ph4 in alot of models and also electric rear windows pre x reg on the meridian too.

Which models then? Not the Meridian, DTurbo or XS pre X reg, GTi6 maybe though. And rear electrics weren't standard on Meridians pre X reg, I've had plenty of Meridians lol, they were an option until that point that most come without though. Wink

My 2000 (w) DTurbo got seat airbags.
Thanks given by:
There's always an exception lol, have you got the phase 4 headrests as well? May well have been one of the last registered on a W plate possibly.
Thanks given by:
I think the whole phase 4 thing is a myth.

Mine was registrared March 2000.

It had the flat fixed/none abjustable headrests in the front only. It had blanks for the headrests in the rear so I got the bits, fitted them in the rear and got some adjustable headrests all round.
Thanks given by:
Phase 4 isnt a myth. Its just a made phase we use to refer to the late ph3s that had extras as standard over the early ph3s .Just like ph2.5 is made up for the late ph2s that had the extras

Thanks given by:
So its a 3.5 then lol
Thanks given by:
PH4 is made up. The only difference I've ever noticed is the bigger head rests which is more than likely a change due to safety reasons.
On the estates, i know the later ones had bigger TBs and ARBs but seeing as they had stopped the production of the hatches, i would imagine this was because they had over stock of the GTi spec suspension which they wanted rid of because they knew they were getting rid of the 306 altogether.

Ill give this thread a few days for more people to add comments then ill combine it all into the first post and tidy it all up Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2013, 06:03 PM)Niall Wrote: PH4 is made up. The only difference I've ever noticed is the bigger head rests which is more than likely a change due to safety reasons.

Phase 4 isn't made up. When you own several X/Y plate 306s and then go back to a W plate it's definitely noticeable, there are ther small things that I missed off the list earlier. It is mainly a safety upgrade as you say...hence the air bagged seats as well (Meridian leaf leathers for definite don't have 'bags until this point). And probably the bigger brakes on the less powerful models as well. I'm guessing there was some safety regulation update late 2000 so was in full force by X reg...there's no reason they'd upgrade these things at fairly large cost to them for just one more year of production unless it was absolutely necessary.
Thanks given by:
Both my GTis have had air bagged seats and both have been 11/99 built.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
don't forget about phase 1.5 . . . . . Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: