So whats these forum changes then Fooby?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So whats these forum changes then Fooby?
(13-12-2013, 01:41 PM)Fooby Wrote: what is going on?

Chris i really dont think you are seeing the things i see. The only negativity i am seeing at the moment is from you. You have your view and opinion, which you are perfectly entitled too but i don't get what your beef is at the moment?

Maybe drop me a PM or give me a call if you want to discuss.

I thought i was pretty clear, just some usual run of the mill refreshing stuff, no massive do, fireworks or any of that. Just a refresh and improvement. Surely thats a good thing?

We have a feedback area for people who do want to pass on any suggestions, i know people have done so in the past and nearly everything has been responded too.

I wasnt being negative or trolling (well the bit about you replying a week later I was) but the rest im serious about

The way you'd made a big announcement about it I kinda assumed it was gonna be big and interesting changes, sorry if i misinterpreted what you were saying.

I'd like to suggest a way of making the meets section a little bit more interesting and make a bit more sense like having a map with all the up coming meets on it to make it easier for people to see if meets are close to them.

Also is there any chance of having a tiny pic of the car in the title line of every thread in the project section
Thanks given by:
Ok serious answer.
Something has clearly gone down in events that have lead up to the crimbo meet, I don't know what they are or why and I don't really care as its none of my business. I'm on this forum daily as I like being on here, there is a good vibe and some cracking banter (hence my dig above at Scott and Edd), although at times the banter should be curbed towards newbies . The running of the forum goes well imo, no downtime, ever that I've noticed unlike other forums I have been a member of. The 2 meets that I have been to I have been made to feel very welcome and look forward to next year.
As for improvements I dunno, free mars bars or something lol
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Got to say a big thumbs up for smooth running of the forum...others I been on do crash.

But be nice to not be treated like subordinates if we arent a Mod.. thats all realy.

and some evidence that mods arent JUST staff...sounds o impersonal
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I like cheese!
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 02:23 PM)Lego Jon Wrote: I like cheese!

Popcorn

Thanks given by:
Mmmm cheesy popcorn...
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 01:48 PM)sillywotsit1993 Wrote: Sorry fooby but BEEF hahaha I haven't heard that in a long time Wink might start saying it again myself Smile

haha Big Grin

(13-12-2013, 01:50 PM)Lego Jon Wrote: I agree. I donated (dont have donator on my avi though tsk tsk), drive a pug but I don't know enough to be a mod...

Plus just cos you don't own one now doesn't mean that you don't know about them. I know loads about the celica but I own a pug

Yeah we need to fix that automatic donator thing. Send me a Pm with your paypal details and i'll get you changed asap Smile

(13-12-2013, 01:54 PM)Piggy Wrote: this is epic

its good to clear the air though I feel

its an open forum after all.
and if donations arent covering the cost, then say so. Be stupid not to

Stupid? how? I dont make a big fuss that we have to pay for the thing on our own. We knew that before we started and its been our founding philosophy. Its nice that people help us out but i'm not going to shout from the rooftops because i don't want people to feel obliged

(13-12-2013, 01:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I wasnt being negative or trolling (well the bit about you replying a week later I was) but the rest im serious about

The way you'd made a big announcement about it I kinda assumed it was gonna be big and interesting changes, sorry if i misinterpreted what you were saying.

I'd like to suggest a way of making the meets section a little bit more interesting and make a bit more sense like having a map with all the up coming meets on it to make it easier for people to see if meets are close to them.

Also is there any chance of having a tiny pic of the car in the title line of every thread in the project section

There are some things i have an idea for and we'll get on this in the new year. I wont be making thumbnails for threads, i feel that will look horrible and it will cause slower load times for people on poor connections. But thanks for your idea, i'd rather had an idea good or bad, instead of nothing.

(13-12-2013, 02:00 PM)londondan86 Wrote: I'm on this forum daily as I like being on here, there is a good vibe and some cracking banter (hence my dig above at Scott and Edd), although at times the banter should be curbed towards newbies . The running of the forum goes well imo, no downtime, ever that I've noticed unlike other forums I have been a member of. The 2 meets that I have been to I have been made to feel very welcome and look forward to next year.
As for improvements I dunno, free mars bars or something lol

Thanks for your comments, this is my view of the forum at the moment. Obviously there is always room for improvement and my new little refresh should hopefully help with a few things Smile

(13-12-2013, 02:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: Got to say a big thumbs up for smooth running of the forum...others I been on do crash.

But be nice to not be treated like subordinates if we aren't a Mod.. that's all really.

and some evidence that mods aren't JUST staff...sounds o impersonal

Thanks, its tricky to keep availability high, a lot of technical work is done in the background that you don't see.

I don't understand your view of being treated like a subordinate? I fully refute that comment because, although the banter sometimes oversteps the marks, these guys only ever try and steer people the right way.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
But as I said in the PM, how would you know, you're a mod.
Maybe it was just a bad experience, but its a shame coz its left a bitter after taste.

and I didnt say it was needed to shout from the rooftops, did I?

A thread reminding us all that the yearly fees are due would be enough for us all to throw a quid or two in, which is a sandwich at tesco to us..but covers the fees for you.

Would be nice to have the annoyingly problem sorted with replies on mobiles where the "post reply" and "preview post" button disappears!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Come on boys! And i thought it was the woman that bicker haha!!
Thanks given by:
have you never watched houses of parliament or been down the pub when the ref makes an iffy decision!? lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 03:29 PM)Sian Wrote: Come on boys! And i thought it was the woman that bicker haha!!

Its not bickering, thats what women do.

This is a constructive adult discussion between gentlemen (and Niall)
Thanks given by:
so much gay . . . . .people need to get out more i feel . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Come on now ladies put the handbags away! You lot make me LOL you are here by choice you kniw :O

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
BIG man HUGS to everyone! Makeup
Thanks given by:

f*cking retard
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG-20131122-WA0003_zps063d4295.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 03:49 PM)Grant Wrote:

f*cking retard

what the hell?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 04:56 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(13-12-2013, 03:49 PM)Grant Wrote:

f*cking retard

what the hell?!

Clearing the air Wink
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 03:49 PM)Grant Wrote: f*cking retard

Thats a bit f*cking harsh babe
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 05:05 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(13-12-2013, 03:49 PM)Grant Wrote: f*cking retard

Thats a bit f*cking harsh babe

seconded!

tut tut grant!
Thanks given by:
Piggy, I've never had a personal problem with you, but its getting a bit silly now mate.

Perhaps what you don't see is the level of work that goes in behind the scenes. The staff on this forum give up their free time to maintain this free forum. They have day jobs, and real life business to deal with, and then find time on top of that to reply to all the issues on here. You are not the only person who sends them PM's or raises issues. I know most of the staff on a personal level and see how often this actually happens.

If you have a problem with the forum, there is an area to raise these issues, and as you have been doing you can talk via PM. Don't expect a reply at the drop of a hat, because, as I said earlier, they can't sit on the forum all day for obvious reasons.

You running your mouth on here, whinging non stop taking digs, is not pro-actively helping solve anything

And yes I have had a bad day

<3

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 05:15 PM)Grant Wrote: Piggy, I've never had a personal problem with you, but its getting a bit silly now mate.

Perhaps what you don't see is the level of work that goes in behind the scenes. The staff on this forum give up their free time to maintain this free forum. They have day jobs, and real life business to deal with, and then find time on top of that to reply to all the issues on here. You are not the only person who sends them PM's or raises issues. I know most of the staff on a personal level and see how often this actually happens.

If you have a problem with the forum, there is an area to raise these issues, and as you have been doing you can talk via PM. Don't expect a reply at the drop of a hat, because, as I said earlier, they can't sit on the forum all day for obvious reasons.

You running your mouth on here, whinging non stop taking digs, is not pro-actively helping solve anything

And yes I have had a bad day

<3

brown nose staff much??? Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Wannabe mod?

Trolololol Rofl
Thanks given by:
Not in the slightest. I have enough going on to prevent me giving this the time it would deserve

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
i've not been made welcome here since i got rid of my td04 diablo dturbo, always getting sly comments about me and my car on facebook etc, hence why i deleted most of you, its a car, why have personal digs and try to make someone feel shitty? yeah ive had a few dturbos since, but none of you know my circumstances to make comments like that.

my post might seem a little off topic, but since we are all "letting it out" thought this would be the best place, as making my own thread isnt worth my time Smile
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive been here since the 1st week or so of the forum... come on here daily but hardly post, these last couple of months certain people seem to be getting quite bitchy towards people which spoil it, ive had a vectra estate now for 7 months or so but still come on here (still have pug just off the road)

Ive never had problems with people but have notice stupid comments like I said, its a forum - just bite your tongue lol.

And as been said.. ive never seen this forum crash/have downtime for a random reason which is pretty good considering no one is made to pay to see certain stuff/areas, half the reason I bet for all the noobs that come here which is obviously good.

Everyone should just bend over and take a good old shafting and then man hugs and shut up bitching lol
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 07:29 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Everyone should just bend over and take a good old shafting and then man hugs and shut up bitching lol

I like this guy haha

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 07:29 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Ive been here since the 1st week or so of the forum... come on here daily but hardly post, these last couple of months certain people seem to be getting quite bitchy towards people which spoil it, ive had a vectra estate now for 7 months or so but still come on here (still have pug just off the road)

Ive never had problems with people but have notice stupid comments like I said, its a forum - just bite your tongue lol.

And as been said.. ive never seen this forum crash/have downtime for a random reason which is pretty good considering no one is made to pay to see certain stuff/areas, half the reason I bet for all the noobs that come here which is obviously good.

Everyone should just bend over and take a good old shafting and then man hugs and shut up bitching lol

Probably one of the most sensible posts here.
Agreed there has been a fair bit of bitterness lately and i think a lot of people do need to just chill the f*ck out a bit!
The forum will always be free and this does cause us a slight issue with spam but providing the staff are on the ball, they rarely get seen. Unfortunately last week, a lot of us lost a lot of our admin powers for unknown reasons so couldn't do anything about it but i believe thats been sorted now Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 07:31 PM)Grant Wrote:
(13-12-2013, 07:29 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Everyone should just bend over and take a good old shafting and then man hugs and shut up bitching lol

I like this guy haha

here you are Grant enjoy

[Image: repair-valve-08.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 07:31 PM)Grant Wrote:

I like this guy haha

Seconded.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday Fooby Niall 16 3,764 07-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Fooby
Sad Fooby ruined my life! Mattcheese31 50 14,460 13-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  Happy Birthday Fooby! Scott 16 3,272 04-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Last Post: 7057sam