Shiply Help/ update need more help :@

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shiply Help/ update need more help :@
Don't try and reclaim paypal payments through your credit card company as well, will only make a bigger mess as then you're in the wrong by not letting paypal complete their process.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(12-12-2013, 03:52 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(12-12-2013, 03:03 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Chris have you contacted your credit card company yet?

Looked at paypal and paid it on my debit card does same apply?

Only if you paid it out of an arranged overdraft as they carry the same protection as a credit card.

Just email Shiply stating you are going to give them one more chance to refund you for the service YOU DID NOT RECEIVE. If they still offer you a credit because its company policy, tell them you will take it to a claims court.

Company policy means sod all and is not legally binding. I could start a company then state that its company policy for all good looking female staff to wear nothing but stilettos and that they will be fined £1000 for every day they turn up in clothes. Do you think that would stand up in court? I wish it would!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2013, 05:14 PM)Niall Wrote:
(12-12-2013, 03:52 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(12-12-2013, 03:03 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Chris have you contacted your credit card company yet?

Looked at paypal and paid it on my debit card does same apply?

Only if you paid it out of an arranged overdraft as they carry the same protection as a credit card.

Just email Shiply stating you are going to give them one more chance to refund you for the service YOU DID NOT RECEIVE. If they still offer you a credit because its company policy, tell them you will take it to a claims court.

Company policy means sod all and is not legally binding. I could start a company then state that its company policy for all good looking female staff to wear nothing but stilettos and that they will be fined £1000 for every day they turn up in clothes. Do you think that would stand up in court? I wish it would!

Wow! Let me no if you start a business up cos I want to work for you lol well as long as there not dum-dum's lady boy friends Wink

/Onlyjokeing Wink

Anyway on a serious note well I will see of I get a reply tomorrow, when it boils down to it tho, I'm not gonna go to a claims court for it cos Will cost me more than £40, but I will e-mail them again tomorrow if I haven't got a reply.

Thanks given by:
If you do go to small claims court you get back your expenses when you win.
Thanks given by:
It won't go to small claims anyway. They are just preying on the fact you don't know anything. As soon as you mention you will be taking them to court, they would be bloody stupid to not refund you as if they had 2 braincells, they would know it would get chucked straight out and they would have to pay you plus costs.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeah court costs is great as you get to claim what its cost you to get to the court stage

So your refund (plus intrest)
the internet/electric usage for all the emails
the cost of sending letters to them (paper, printing, envolope and stamps)
The £50 court fee
your travel to court if you have to go (fuel and wear and tear on the car)
and all your time to deal with it all at your usual wage.
Thanks given by:
And if I don't win?

Let's be fair alot of hassle for £39

Anyway let's see how the PayPal claim goes and if I get no we're we can look in to further action Smile

Big thanks for the help guys Big Grin

Thanks given by:
You won't not win! Its simple law. Your contract was between your self and Shiply then they have a contract between them selves and the individual couriers. That courier didn't fulfil his end of the deal and Shiply didn't arrange a suitable alternative so they owe you a full refund by law. A credit to use with them is not a refund at all. Technically they have sold you a voucher which you did not want.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Thought i would update this, Still no refund, Still in a claim via paypal.

So just rang paypal and because it a service in there terms and conditions they automatically take the sellers side and close the claim.

So basically ive fu*ked it.......

Were can i go now to get help/advice with this?? thinking citizens advice but stuffed with it being Christmas

Thanks given by:
Did you not explain that you didnt receive this service?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yes it's in PayPal's terms and conditions that if a claim is opened for a service or a part payment (deposit) the automatically shut in favor of the seller (shiply)

Basicly stuffed it, there is only one option left is to contact my Card company and see if they can claim it back but looking in to this seems to have the same conditions as PayPal (must me an item) doesn't say anything about a service if they will help on that.

Really wish I did some research on them first Angry not even about the money any more it's the principle of it as they have basically stolen my £39

Thanks given by:
DO they have a Facebook page? If so, slate them on there. The one benefit on Facebook these days is everyone is getting accounts including businesses and they don't want to be seen in a bad light or if they are, they want to be seen to resolve it quickly and painlessly!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-12-2013, 09:14 PM)Niall Wrote: DO they have a Facebook page? If so, slate them on there. The one benefit on Facebook these days is everyone is getting accounts including businesses and they don't want to be seen in a bad light or if they are, they want to be seen to resolve it quickly and painlessly!

I will have a look if they will defo do that Big Grin

Edit they do but it's just a page you like so carnt write on it Sad

Thanks given by: