Remapping fuel economy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remapping fuel economy
Hi can anyone help with remapping economy ?
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3
With list of mods and weather it's a limited or full tourqe map or econamey map and who that map was done buy thanks hope to here from you !!!
Thanks given by:
TBH alot more of it is to do with driving style and condition of the car than the map itself.
Thanks given by:
306 hdi estate blanked egr decat rear box /midbox converstion st1 pro steve map
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/cully/306
Thanks given by:
The price that we spend on fuel brings tears to your eyes when you look how much we have spent over time?

(10-12-2013, 07:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: TBH alot more of it is to do with driving style and condition of the car than the map itself.

And yeah you are right but at least it give a rough guide for me and others who may be interested?
Thanks given by:
Haven't we already got a couple of threads like this?

I'm averaging 48mpg on the 15 minute/8 mile journey to work and back, during which the car doesn't get fully warm. Stage 1.5 map from pro_steve with an intercooler and twin-mid-box exhaust.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The economy doesn't get drastically worse with remapping. With a stage 1 it generally improves!
Thanks given by:
40-42mpg on my stage 2/3 estate with a gt20 turbo. I drive it properly though Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I get 55mpg on my 310k mile car.

I drive 16 miles to work 3 miles local roads and 13 miles motorway in rush hour traffic on the M1.

Mod's stage 1 Pro-Steve map, EGR system removed, De-cat, rear box converted to mid box.

Serviced regularly, low mileage HP pump and injectors installed.
Thanks given by:
Ye I found one similar I'm just planning my next port of call I'm at stage 1 remap decat straight pipe back box and that's getting about 55mpg driven properly on 142000. And now got to fit my front mount and de egr and a whippy stage 2 and a new clutch does anyone anythink else I could do to improve it ???
Thanks given by:
maybe a block of wood under the loud pedal, fuel magnets or an electric turbo

Big Grin

Wink
Thanks given by:
Haha On a serious level though Any good mods to see gains???
Thanks given by:
best mod is your driving style smooth steady lay off the brakes,
think this thread has said all the best things

blank egr not unplug
service with good quality oils
service the brakes to free them so no binding
check wheel bearings
carry less in the car dump the junk thats not needed
dont fill the fuel tank (weight saving)
dump the spare nd tools
Thanks given by:
Blanking the egr what does that improve and also could that be my problem of not always having full boost well it feels that way
Thanks given by:
Why are you worrying about mpg if you're going stage 2? Surely the point of that is power/fun more than mpg! Confused

No point having power if you're scared to use it....
Thanks given by:
Nah I ent fussed just wondering out of interest as getting more power on a stage 1 gave better mpg and was just wondering what other people gained or lost ?
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, as above then really, its mostly down to driving style and where you have to drive (ie town rush hour or empty B roads).

I used to do as much MPG raising as I could - keep the car empty, keep the tyres pumped every week, drive extra careful when I wasn't late for stuff etc etc....... Then I couldn't be arsed any more, and my mpg stayed exactly the same over a tank average lol. Doesn't matter how I try to drive or what I do, over a tank its always the same!

In the HDi's, both standard and stage 1, averaged 50mpg every tankfull no matter how full it was or how hard I ragged it - but I still kept to a constant speed and rarely braking as that's how I learnt to drive.... Only thing I can put it down to is driving the same roads/same amount of traffic/similar style for the majority of the time.
Thanks given by:
To be honest that's the same as me really which ever way I era ally drive it it's never really far diffrent but I brought a hdi for economy to start with and was gonna keep it oe but a couple days after got board and started playing haha now it's stage 1 dropped about 60-80 mm on 17s decat cat and remove rear silencer and few other little things and it's getting there now and just got to fit my front mount and stage 2 and egr delete ??either way it's better than any other car I have had on fuel by far on mpg haha
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remapping Esmyth124 12 3,203 01-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: MY95
  Remapping a hdi?? turkish 8 1,881 10-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Last Post: mcglynn
  Remapping hdi help Donkeybubles 43 9,086 05-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Lego Jon