Blue fog lights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue fog lights
So, I saw a JCW Mini Cooper with blue fog lights and I nearly shit myself, it looked so good so I'm going to get some for my 306. Any recommendations?
[Image: Untitled_zps2ed48460.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 07:01 PM)Aaron35 Wrote: So, I saw a JCW Mini Cooper with blue fog lights and I nearly shit myself, it looked so good so I'm going to get some for my 306. Any recommendations?

Other than don't do it, you'll look like a chav, erm.. eBay?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Not to mention it's highly illegal.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I agree, it looks chavvy :p

Also, human eyes naturally don't like blue coloured light, so it'll actually be harder for you to see than with a yellow or white bulb. Smile
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Plus how often is is actually foggy?. Waste of time. I
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 07:25 PM)Jake Wrote: Plus how often is is actually foggy?. Waste of time. I

For me, pretty much every single morning on a cold day lol

My house is next to a river, and the road is parallel to it Tongue

Just so you know, fog does exist for some people.
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt bother with blue fogs, will most likely end up with you getting pulled by the fuzz (giggidy), and told to remove them. I have nightbreakers all round up front, both dipped and full beam, as well as fogs...plenty bright enough, and perfectly legal. I only really use the fogs with the full beams anyway, thanks to cullys high beam/fog mod. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, so, no blue fog lights! They look pretty good though.
Thanks given by:
It's your call at the end of the day mate, but i personally wouldnt bother, its just not worth the hassle.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 07:08 PM)Niall Wrote: Not to mention it's highly illegal.

Afaik not true mate think its a case of you can have blue lights fitted as long as you don't turn them on its legal
Thanks given by:
Ive not driven a car yet where front fogs actually improve my forward visibility.

and as said, blue light is bad for seeing in damp...weirdly yellow light is best for cuttin through rain/fog
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
How about coloured side lights then?
Thanks given by:
it has to be on the white/yellow light spectrum.

blue/green/red is illegal and downright offensive to the poor car its fitted to!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 10:47 PM)rocker8742 Wrote:

Afaik not true mate think its a case of you can have blue lights fitted as long as you don't turn them on its legal

Well what the hell is the point in them then? lol

Also, i do believe if a copper is being a bastard, he could do you for intent to impersonate the pigs.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 11:42 PM)Niall Wrote:

Also, i do believe if a copper is being a bastard, he could do you for intent to impersonate the pigs.

yup this is true...same with blue sidelights and dark tinted blue headlights.

and if you have lights, then legally they need to function...to prove that you would have to turn them on?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 11:44 PM)Piggy Wrote: and if you have lights, then legally they need to function...to prove that you would have to turn them on?!

I'm fairly sure lights are in fact standard fitment on cars. I might be wrong though Undecided

Thanks given by:
Im talking about any lights though...so foglights are technically an option as not fitted to every vehicle...but in simple terms if its fitted to your car then it needs to function correctly

has anyone noticed this new thing with single foglights coming on when a car indicates left or right/slows?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 11:51 PM)Piggy Wrote: in simple terms if its fitted to your car then it needs to function correctly

Not true for front fogs, they're considered a "driver aid" and as such are not a legal requirement.

Thanks given by:
I know they arent a legal requirement to have them but I was under the impression they needed to function correctly if they were fitted?! Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They'll be an advisory on the MOT, that I know.

I don't think you'd ever be asked to prove they worked at the roadside, the only time I suspect there'd be an issue would be if they were blue/red/green etc., or if one was broken and the other was switched on.

Thanks given by:
I got a fine when I was 17 for one not working.

I was proper peeved.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 11:55 PM)Piggy Wrote: I know they arent a legal requirement to have them but I was under the impression they needed to function correctly if they were fitted?! Undecided

(10-12-2013, 11:59 PM)Piggy Wrote: I got a fine when I was 17 for one not working.

I was proper peeved.

Eh? So do they have to work then or not?

Thanks given by:
I assumed so as I got a fine!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 11:42 PM)Niall Wrote:

Lol fair point but I mean if you've got say extra lights fitted that have blue lenses its only illegal if they're used on the road

I could believe that a copper may get picky over it.So never turn them on if plod asks you if they work Wink
Thanks given by:
Front fogs should only really be used in fog or bad weather any way! Which I think if there blue they wouldn't be much use in them situations. It pisses me off when people just driving round with them on all the time
Thanks given by:
My 205 just passed MOT and neither front fog light works (because they aren't wired in).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Front fogs aren't an MOT item at all, they don't even test if they work.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
MOT and a car being legal for the road dont match up!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2013, 01:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: MOT and a car being legal for the road dont match up!

Of course they do!

During the period of a valid MOT certificate, it's down to the driver to keep it in a satisfactory and legal condition.

So if a car passes an MOT, and the test was conducted correctly, then the car is legal.

Front fog lights are tested if they are fitted, as are extra spot lights - which have to come on with main beam.

Fog lights must also be type approved and only show yellow or white light to the front, and have a the upper edge of the beam angle 3% below the horizontal with 75Kg in the drivers seat (i.e MOT persons assistant :p) and be adjustable manually with the vehicle stationary.
Thanks given by:
Front fog lights are not tested as part of the MOT. Both of the cars I've had MOT'd had 1 fog light not working (obviously, as they were both 306s Tongue ). And when I did work experience at Honda and Ford main dealers, they didn't test front fogs as part of MOT.

They are however tested and advised during a service at the dealers.

I can't comment on roadside legalities though.

Also an MOT is only valid on the day of the test, and does not prove legality, simply that the car passes basic safety standards. MOT's are just a money making scheme for the gov't!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Instrument lights, dash lights not working boggs 3 2,455 26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Odometer lights and clock lights inop bashbarnard 3 2,149 23-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Last Post: DarkInferno
  N/S Brake lights/Side Lights not working Grant 10 3,195 18-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Grant