Cuts out when driving

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuts out when driving
After a bit of help/advise on a hdi I got last night with a problem.

The car has done 162k and sounds very sweet when running and starts up fine. Got the car pretty cheap as when driving it will cut out after a little bit and not start for like 5 mins. The car will stay running fine sat still and rev up and stay running. This is what fault it brings up

[Image: 01E00DDF-FEFD-4943-AF14-12A9D6A09A33_zps3a4z8eog.jpg]

The guy I got it off said he has fitted different injectors, high pressure pump and low pressure pump and he has even taken the tank out and cleaned it and blown all the fuel lines through. I cant be 100% he has done all this but that's what he says.

Think my first step is going to be to try another low pressure pump but has anyone got any ideas or come across this before?

Cheers Matt
Thanks given by:
Check the brown relay, if that plays up, it can cause all sorts of issues
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
M-TDi it?
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 03:13 PM)mr_fish Wrote: M-TDi it?

If you do this, get in touch with me as I have some of the bits you'll need Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
By "different" do you mean new/refurbed/ low mileage? If not he may as well not have bothered, could be a case of back to square one. :/

As Connor says, check out the brown relay first. Then i'd be checking wiring and frps readings, can you get it on pp2k? Link in my sig might give you some more ideas, hth.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Frosty ive got a bitron (brown relay) at home u can try later
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Assuming its cutting out due to low rail pressure? Do you have pp2000? Gives better code reading i find...

Id imagine it can only be one of the pumps or possibly the rail presure sensor...or even just a screwed FPR on the HP pump...or seriously worn injectors, but wouldnt have said so.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the replies guys. Going to have a play tonight. I got a brown realy and lift pump off jimbo so will give them a try and I will see if I can borrow Peugeot planet from work
Thanks given by:
Best update this as we seem to have sorted the problem. Basically we changed the brown realy and it still cut out so then changed the low pressure pump and it seems to have sorted it. We think the problem was that the chap who had the car had changed the bit of pipe on the LP pump that goes from the pump to the top bit, he had used a to longer bit of pipe and it was kinked over so there for not supplying the fuel. We have drive it a few miles and seems ok where as before it would cut out after like 200 metres
Thanks given by:
Luckiest hdi fault fix ever??
Lol
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2013, 07:13 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Luckiest hdi fault fix ever??
Lol

Yeah hopefully. Gray is going to insure it and drive it so hopefully it don't break down lol
Thanks given by:
Lol nice
Thanks given by:
Another HDi with a failing LP pump...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
It was a bit of fuel pipe attached to said pump. Wink
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
LOL Ruan!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It's interesting to note the symptoms of a restriction there though.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Bit of an update on this. My mate is now driving it at the moment. It was all fine till he drove it up taunton multi story car park and it cut out a few times and the engine light come on. It didn't have a much fuel in it though but I don't think the fuel light was on. He has topped up the fuel and hasn't had any problems since. I read the codes again and the original code had come back
Thanks given by:
Did he thrash it up the up ramps? I do and mine cuts out if i do it when low on fuel lol, it's because all the fuel fucks off to the left side of the tank away from the pickup thanks to the g's.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Don't think he was. Can't really drive very fast up the car park cuz it's spirals up
Thanks given by:
You don't have to go that fast for it to happen tbf. Meh, put some fuel in and try it again lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDi Cuts Out RPug 3 2,260 01-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Last Post: WandaGray
  Cuts out at 2000rpm Dicky 3 1,626 23-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Dicky
  Hdi cuts out when accelerating hard hdi shaun 8 3,909 07-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Poodle