how long for ebay refund? also understanding online banking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long for ebay refund? also understanding online banking
hello all

ordered something off ebay which i cancelled and requested a refund prior to dispatch, which was approved and my payment was refunded on the 7th

however when checking my 'recent items' on my online banking, the payment for £41.99 does not appear as either withdrawn or deposited

all the cash i withdrew/spent last week has been taken out today, but my available balance is much lower than the account balance that excludes items in transit

is it possible that the £41.99 is still being recorded as in transit hence being deducted from my available balance, and when the payment is received will it add those withdrawals and deposits?

or will it simply not appear at all?

thanks
Thanks given by:
Dose the refund not stay in your paypal balance?
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2013, 05:56 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Dose the refund not stay in your paypal balance?

Says £0.00 in my paypal, everything I buy on ebay is debited to my card :/
Thanks given by:
a refund will be credited back to where it was debeted from
so you probably wont see the transaction on the credit card but you should see the money movment through paypal to and from your card
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2013, 06:01 PM)cully Wrote: a refund will be credited back to where it was debeted from
so you probably wont see the transaction on the credit card but you should see the money movment through paypal to and from your card

There are no recent deposits visible through paypal, although the initial payment I made is in my recent transactions as a payment but the refund does not appear :/

Is it possible that it takes a while for it to transfer through ebay etc?
Thanks given by:
check which tabs in paypal it ticked i think you can view just payment or all transactions

tabs are

My recent activity
Payments received
Payments sent

View all my transactions
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2013, 06:05 PM)cully Wrote: check which tabs in paypal it ticked i think you can view just payment or all transactions

tabs are

My recent activity
Payments received
Payments sent

View all my transactions

Cheers, just checked again and the status is now 'refunded' and I have completed the resolution part on ebay

All I need to work out now is how this should appear on my account? it is not mentioned as a withdrawal or deposit at all, and i got the confirmation email for the refund this morning

I'm wondering if the ~£110 difference between my balance and actual available balance includes this? So that when refunded it would be more like £70? I am thinking this because it seems to have never even left my account before being 'refunded', and I definetely havent spent £110 since Saturday, bought some HIDs today and diesel which would equate to the £70 mentioned

Really confusing tackle lol
Thanks given by:
think the bank transfer thing takes 3 days tops so you could be waiting 6 days to see it clear
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online shops for parts mackat 10 2,950 10-02-2015, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Paul_13
  admiral/elephant online not taking payment? rtha6551 7 1,987 16-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  Why cant i pay fixed penalty online Moh 23 4,831 23-04-2014, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Ben Jay