TD04 onto a HDI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TD04 onto a HDI
Please bear with me for this one as im not a HDI owner.

Has anyone fitted a TD04 to a hdi and remapped it to suit accordingly?
Hdi's seem to suffer terribly with clutch failures due to the low down torque that the remaps tend to create. It wouldnt be so much of an issue with a TD04 as itl make its power higher up the rev range.
Thanks given by:
There was a video ruan posted of one in a thread a while back.. seemed to shift pretty well

edit:

Found it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THsC296aHh4

edit edit: Will need someone who isn't afraid to map for revs by the looks of it, revs to 5.5k!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, to have power round there it must be really lacking in low end which would be annoying!!
Thanks given by:
Well that depends whether you want to use it as a pootle-from-a-to-b vehicle or actually drive the thing. :p

That guy's got a few good vids if it's the one i'm thinking of, reunion island i think.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Iirc that wasn't a td04. But I say do it. It should be epic if you can find someone who will map it and if you can supply the top end fuel.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
If I had a hdi, that is the very first think I would do !
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The problem isnt the turbo, the problem is finding someone who will map it.

A 2.0 CR motor will tear on that turbo....but only if someone maps it accordingly. There are lot sof limiters etc that need to be overcome to allow for the ideal ammount of fueling at the ideal ammount of rpms... Its always the same with EDC HDI's they never manage to do what they"can do" because there never mapped "chronically" always stick to what they know etc.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Funnily enough, I'm doing a map for a chap up in Newcastle who has got a HDi with a TD04 on it. It's making 170hp at the moment, but he complains of "lack of top end". I am going to give it plenty more up top and see what it can do...

Darren, FYI - the only limiters in the mapping that stop it getting fuel high up are injected quantity limiters, be that in either the various IQ maps or of single value variety. There are also a couple which limit over all fuel delivery, but I would doubt very much they'd come into play at this level of power and torque.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
that sounds phenominal!
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 10:50 AM)jammapic Wrote: Funnily enough, I'm doing a map for a chap up in Newcastle who has got a HDi with a TD04 on it. It's making 170hp at the moment, but he complains of "lack of top end". I am going to give it plenty more up top and see what it can do...

Darren, FYI - the only limiters in the mapping that stop it getting fuel high up are injected quantity limiters, be that in either the various IQ maps or of single value variety. There are also a couple which limit over all fuel delivery, but I would doubt very much they'd come into play at this level of power and torque.

JP

I agree entirely, but my point is still valid, no one will map it "properly" if they did, there would be high boost big rpm hdi's all over the place..oh wait...theres not..because no one will Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 01:03 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 10:50 AM)jammapic Wrote: Funnily enough, I'm doing a map for a chap up in Newcastle who has got a HDi with a TD04 on it. It's making 170hp at the moment, but he complains of "lack of top end". I am going to give it plenty more up top and see what it can do...

JP

I agree entirely, but my point is still valid, no one will map it "properly" if they did, there would be high boost big rpm hdi's all over the place..oh wait...theres not..because no one will Wink

lol so true Darren.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 01:03 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:

JP

If i ever buy a hdi il be doing it considering the 2 spare td04s in the garage.
Il learn to map the damn thing myself lol
Thanks given by:
it's not hard...
JP
Thanks given by:
Its all part of the fun of building cars imo.
If i didnt do the work myself i wouldnt get as much enjoyment out of it.
Thanks given by: