Some advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some advice
Need some help. Basically the ex has paid me any money for the loan I took out for her for a new car.

I took the loan out to buy it, we then broke up, I continued to get payments from her up until sept but I haven't recieved anything since

She isn't responding to messages etc and I had to text her mum to ask about it and her mum said she has paid it all.
So what do I do? There is about £800 left on the loan, I have a bad feeling she isn't going to pay, and I'm not in a financial position to take it on.

So, her name is on the log book etc
But I paid for it.

What are the legal grounds? Serious answers please
No "go fist her" as I need this sorted
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
matt, id get back in contact and let her mum know that there is still 800 quid left to pay. Bell the company who's dealing with the loan, and let them know.
Thanks given by:
show her proof of the outstanding balance so she believes you aswell.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2013, 02:26 PM)Matt Wrote: So, her name is on the log book etc
But I paid for it.

See that leg you could stand on?

Nope, cos it doesn't exist....

I've bought an Ex an expensive gift in the past (laptop) but it was in my name and my name was on the credit agreement. When we broke up just a couple of months later I arrived to collect my laptop!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
The logbook is not proof of ownership.

The bank will have asked you what the loan was for. Did you say to buy a car?

Did you get a receipt with the car?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeh, I would explain to her mum that you have supporting paperwork from the bank, and from the place that you purchased the car from, they may still make you pay though because it was taken out in your name... failing that seek advice from a lawyer.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
or the CAB
Thanks given by:
^ thats what I was thinking in my head, just couldnt remember the name :p
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Her mum knows the outstanding debt, when I took the loan out I did say it was for a car and there was a receipt but she has it unfortunately Sad
Thanks given by:
Well thats a start. Maybe approach the dealer (?) you bought it from and ask for a copy receipt.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
The log book, as already stated, isn't proof of ownership, just that of the keeper so the DVLA know where to send the fines lol.
I have had experience of this (although not to purchase a specific product but to pay an ex debt) I ended up in small claims court.
My best advice would be to save and print off any text messages relating to the loan that you have from her.
Copy of your monthly statements showing that she has paid you regularly, a regular amount.
Speak to the garage and see if you can get a copy reciept of purchase as technically you are the owner.
Get a copy of the loan agreement and the balance to pay.
Write her a very polite letter including all these things, post it to her, stating you want to do it amicably, once she's paid she wont hear from you again, and if she hasnt replied with a solution or payment, you'll seek FURTHER legal advice (she doesn't know you haven't) bla, bla, bla. At the same time do yourself a copy, sign the back of your copy of the envelope (along with a respected person if you can), tape over the seal and signature then post it to yourself. Include in yours a letter stating that you posted hers on the same day. Its important that you post both copies as the date stamp is proof of date. (It stands up in court).
If you get no reply IN WRITING from her after the 2 week deadline, take legal advice from there.

Ps... I got my money back.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2013, 05:17 PM)Lego Jon Wrote: The log book, as already stated, isn't proof of ownership, just that of the keeper so the DVLA know where to send the fines lol.
I have had experience of this (although not to purchase a specific product but to pay an ex debt) I ended up in small claims court.
My best advice would be to save and print off any text messages relating to the loan that you have from her.
Copy of your monthly statements showing that she has paid you regularly, a regular amount.
Speak to the garage and see if you can get a copy reciept of purchase as technically you are the owner.
Write her a very polite letter including all these things, post it to her, stating you want to do it amicably, once she's paid she wont hear from you again, and if she hasnt replied with a solution or payment, you'll seek FURTHER legal advice (she doesn't know you haven't) bla, bla, bla. At the same time do yourself a copy, sign the back of your copy of the envelope (along with a respected person if you can), tape over the seal and signature then post it to yourself. Include in yours a letter stating that you posted hers on the same day. Its important that you post both copies as the date stamp is proof of date. (It stands up in court).
If you get no reply IN WRITING from her after the 2 week deadline, take legal advice from there.

Send them special delivery, better proof than just a stamp as it requires a signature Smile
Thanks given by:
Or that lol.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2013, 05:17 PM)Lego Jon Wrote: The log book, as already stated, isn't proof of ownership, just that of the keeper so the DVLA know where to send the fines lol.

This is brilliant advice!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Yup, what Jon said.

Also, go fist her.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Right, I'll see what I can do. I don't think I'll get a copy of the receipt from the garage, it was somewhere up north and I'll never remember
Thanks given by: