205 6 speed Diesel??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 6 speed Diesel??
Cv joints maybe? Intermediate bearing ok and seated properly?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2013, 07:41 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: A well tuned XUD will tear with a 6 box...just like a wel tuned petrol will.

Its really not that annoying at 70mph, and provided your engine will pull to 5-6k you still get perfectly decent top end for road use..

Not for everyone, but its going to kill me to go back to anything else.

i agree with this.. i do 70 at 3400rpm... by 90 i am up in the 4500 range.. 110 is high... but i have never done this on anything other than private runways owned solely by me Angel
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
you need to fit the 205 diff, they would be standard 205 shafts.
Thanks given by:
I have briefly spoken to the previous owner and he isnt sure (always helpful) but thinks the driveshafts may be 306 ones because he used longer 306 wishbones. Would he have had to change the diff over to fit the gti6 box? Literally just seems like the splines are not fully going into the inner cv joint and they are slipping when driving. Almost as though the intermediate shaft and bearing need to go back a tiny amount towards the hub
Thanks given by:
306 driveshafts are about twice the thickness of 205 ones so easy to see which they are. And the whole changing the diff thig is bollocks, i took boxes from 306's and put them in my 205 just fine, and that had 205 drive shafts.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I didnt think it was the diff myself but am open to suggestions! Have the car jacked up and just moved the gaiter of the inner cv joint and can see the splines are sitting together nicely at the moment so now im not sure whether they are slipping in there or not and the intermediate bearing can only go a certain distance until it is seated properly so surely there cant be any play there?
Thanks given by:
Well after much head scratching i finally found the problem! The little seating cover thing that goes over the spring inside the passenger side inner cv joint had come off and fallen down one of the channels so wasnt letting the cv joint move properly. This caused the whole gearbox to be pushed every time it went past. Took that bugger out and its all good! Cheers for the help guys, I was struggling and losing a lot of motivation haha
Thanks given by: