205 6 speed Diesel??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 6 speed Diesel??
Just seen this on ebay,

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewite...cmd=VIDESC

I didn't think a 6 speed box would fit on an XUD?
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
Yer the 6 box will fit zx-volcano had one on his till he killed it, looks nice that not sure about the price tho bit steep

Thanks given by:
yeah be a bitch on motorways/dual carriageways too.

Price is a bit steep
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
looks well.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Unless you change the Final drive (Expensive) it would be useless, Why would you fit a box like that with around a 21mph per 1000rpm in 6th, You would end up with a 100mph top speed
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Plus it will rev it's tits off at 60 lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
A well tuned XUD will tear with a 6 box...just like a wel tuned petrol will.

Its really not that annoying at 70mph, and provided your engine will pull to 5-6k you still get perfectly decent top end for road use..

Not for everyone, but its going to kill me to go back to anything else.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I think it be ace on a track...but not so much for day to day driving
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
A track is the one place it would be an issue as unless your running a huge turob pulling to 7k, you will run out of gears.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
surely not?! what top end does it give at 5/6k?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Video i made last year, perfectly win on the road.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
proper win for a rally stage...not sure about a long journey ona boring A road/dual/motorway! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2013, 09:02 PM)Piggy Wrote: surely not?! what top end does it give at 5/6k?

Let me see, 21mph per 1000rpm... Thought you were bright. :p
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Little be or reading and maths here will give you a answer.
~20mph per 1k rpm so 5k is 100 mph, 6k 120mph

Damn you Alex
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2013, 09:11 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 09:02 PM)Piggy Wrote: surely not?! what top end does it give at 5/6k?

nah Im like an old energy saver light bulb...very dull then bright for few seconds just before you leave the room and dont need me anymore lol

I missed that post actually, sorry Poodle.
suppose wheel/tyre diameter make quite bit diff though

(so at 1000rpm in 1st, a GTi6 is doing 21mph?!?!)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Rofl

My bad, Chris. Big Grin

Damn right you're sorry, hang your head in shame! Although i like that analogy, i'll be using that, much obliged lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-12-2013, 09:14 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 09:11 PM)Poodle Wrote:

nah Im like an old energy saver light bulb...very dull then bright for few seconds just before you leave the room and dont need me anymore lol

I missed that post actually, sorry Poodle.
suppose wheel/tyre diameter make quite bit diff though

(so at 1000rpm in 1st, a GTi6 is doing 21mph?!?!)

No.... at 1krpm in 6th its doing 21mph. You're not gonna use 1st ratio to find top end... Confused
Thanks given by:
ahhh....righto...my bad....still dull and warming up
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2013, 09:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: ahhh....righto...my bad....still dull and warming up

Bit late for warming up now, will be bedtime before full brightness occurs! lol
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2013, 09:05 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Video i made last year, perfectly win on the road.

Can I just say that is immense! Need boost back in my life Wink

Thanks given by:
(08-12-2013, 09:38 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 09:05 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Video i made last year, perfectly win on the road.

Can I just say that is immense! Need VNT boost in my life Wink

EFA Tongue

That video is near enough the whole reason I went VNT. Countless times watching it.
Thanks given by:

I had a bit to say on the various merits and pitfalls of the 6 box, but that video just about sums it up Big Grin

but for balance, with the hdi box on, 3rd gear is all you need, you can just torque your way through life
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2013, 09:25 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: 3rd gear is all you need, you can just torque your way through life

I like the sound of that. Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I can't see the video any more! Where did the link go?
Thanks given by:
I know this thread is a few months old but I now own the 205 in the link in the first post! Its pretty fun with the 6 speed, awesome acceleration but as everyone has said you do run out of gears pretty quick! I drove from hertfordshire to south wales and back via worcestershire (about 500 miles) and it was fine for me on the motorway, cruising just above 70 with enough to happily overtake. Thinking of adding a manual boost controller to boost it up a bit more and also got some new wheels on the way to get it sitting a bit better
Thanks given by:
I have a really big problem with rev vs top speed in my 205. Im at 3krpm just crusing down the dual carriage way at like 65/70
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeh I know the top speed of mine is terrible but its the fun part getting there that counts! Have been tempted to fit a hdi box after reading what other people have said
Thanks given by:
Your all assuming that it has a BE3/6 and not a ML6 that would bolt up to the engine and some of those have far better final drive ratios.
Thanks given by:
that looks quite sleeper
Thanks given by:
Can anyone help me with this? I have removed the gti6 6 speed box and just fitted a 306 hdi box, however on the drivers side when accelerating and turning right there is a knocking, sounds like the driveshaft is slipping on its splines or something? I am not sure if different driveshafts were fitted by the previous owner to allow the gti6 box to be used but I assumed they would fit the hdi box as well as it all measured the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers
Thanks given by: