Getting more poowwwaaaaa!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting more poowwwaaaaa!!
Hi all i adjust my wastegate today im im trying to up the pressure and get some more power buuut i adjusted it and i only got to 1.5bar once :/ i want that all the time.. so do i have to turn the fueling up now or is there some trick because its already smokey on full chat??
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
What turbo and fuel pump have you got?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
yeah turn the fueling up, youll get it up a bit more
more exhaust gasses more to spin the turbine?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have a t2 and a bosch pump Big Grin Its smokey on full chat anyway though so surely more fuel would just be wasted?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
oh right? so whats it boosting at now then? when its smoking on flow?
Thanks given by:
Good combination then lol

And you need to turn it just enough to get the peak power, anymore than that and your just pissing away diesel

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
About 1.2 on average :/ But now the wastegate is adjusted i know the fuel side is holding it back just never understood how it works... Wheres Ruan or Darren when you need them lol

Peak power would be more pressure which i havent firgured out how to get yet Wink haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
adjust the wastegate more?
Thanks given by:
But the wastegate wont open til after my 1.5 target atleast so it would make bugger all difference i assume :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
get a mbc in there Big Grin set that to the 1.5 then no need to worry about the WG
Thanks given by:
That's not my problem for a minute lol i want more power!! Might fit an MBC in the future but not yet..
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:That's not my problem for a minute lol i want more power!! Might fit an MBC in the future but not yet..
why not yet? no time like the present?
Thanks given by:
MBC go for quite cheap dont they?

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:MBC go for quite cheap dont they?
BIN ones on ebay for about £18
Thanks given by:
Whats the advantage of having one?

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:Whats the advantage of having one?
i used to get this all wrong but now i have seen the light

they go between the compressor and wategate, normall the wategate would know the pressure on the compressor side then when it reaches a certain pressure release the wategate channeling exhaust away from the turbine to lower compression
mbc controls what the wategate THINKS the pressure is at so it will tell it when it gets to your set pressure, so then the wategate opens when the mbc wants it to
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
declantg Wrote:Whats the advantage of having one?
i used to get this all wrong but now i have seen the light

they go between the compressor and wategate, normall the wategate would know the pressure on the compressor side then when it reaches a certain pressure release the wategate channeling exhaust away from the turbine to lower compression
mbc controls what the wategate THINKS the pressure is at so it will tell it when it gets to your set pressure, so then the wategate opens when the mbc wants it to

I understood this Big Grin thank you Smile

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
/facepalm ... dude you should really read and understand the basic principles before fiddling imo.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:/facepalm ... dude you should really read and understand the basic principles before fiddling imo.
i just go head on into it lol break it then fix it then understand it Big Grin
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:/facepalm ... dude you should really read and understand the basic principles before fiddling imo.
Thanks for that unhelpful post :clap:
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Cheers 4way guess i'll have to turn the fuel up tomoorrow and see what happens.. i need to bend and chop bits off the throttle arm to keep the idle down lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
wouldnt turn it up too much f your already smoking on peak boost
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:wouldnt turn it up too much f your already smoking on peak boost

^This X 100

If there is already black smoke on full boost then adding more fuel will just produce insane egt's, this is what will melt things. If I were you I would get an MBC as said already or give a few more turns on the wastegate.

If you still cant get anymore boost then start looking for leaks. My T2 will hold strong at 28 PSI.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
londondan86 Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:wouldnt turn it up too much f your already smoking on peak boost

^This X 100

If there is already black smoke on full boost then adding more fuel will just produce insane egt's, this is what will melt things. If I were you I would get an MBC as said already or give a few more turns on the wastegate.

If you still cant get anymore boost then start looking for leaks. My T2 will hold strong at 28 PSI.
Best get the soapy water out tomorrow then lol :roll:
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
You should hear a boost leak if its that bad!
Thanks given by:
My boost gauge makes some noise but apart from that i dont know lol... soapy water will help me find it aswell instead of just trying to listen for it and locate it Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Id say you have a boost leak mate. A T2 will run 2bar smoke free on a bosch.

Have a look at your intercooler d-seal and the first pipe to come off the turbo, theyer the common ones.

Also If you dont want to keep adjusting the wastegate and want to run silly boost then you can just unplug the wastegate and block the hose off.

That way your boost is controlled by your fueling.
Thanks given by:
I had a new d seal about a month ago and covered everything in washing up liquid this morning and no bubbles so im stumped... I seen on .net about maybe trying to tighten my inlet manifold?? that worth a go?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
It could be its only leaking over a certain threshold of pressure. You wont hit anywhere near full boost unless your driving and you cant look in the bay if your driving.
Thanks given by:
How do i find them then??lol
I had the intercooler off today tightened all the manifold bolts there was a bit of slack to them but not anymore... then the bastarding f*cking d seal went and popped out so cleaned all that up and cut and shut then i put some hylomar gasket sealing crap there so its not that went for a drive and same boost again :cry:

So none of that was the problem.... im going to order a proper boost t piece as mine isnt very good then see what happens after that :?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: