505 GTi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
505 GTi
So chaps, as per the following thread:

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-19282.html

There's a rather tidy 505 just down the road from me. I've been and viewed it with another fairly clued up mate and there are only a couple of little niggles:

Hissing from above brake pedal
Small rust hole in rear bumper (only on the bottom, under-sealed section, though)
Dodgy sunroof switch
Door cards poorly fitted
Dead coolant level sensor

That's pretty much it, I don't know when the cambelt was last done, either, but should be able to find out.

What do you guys think it's worth? I've checked with my insurers, and it's all kosher (actually cheaper than the 306), it'd cost £25 to switch, I'd run it for a little while and then put it into storage for winter, then switch back to the 306 again for the time being.

So I'm just pondering what to fork out for the thing. The guy paid £1000 for it around 6 weeks ago, before realising it doesn't fit in his garage for tinkering with. So he's reluctant to lose money on it, unsurprisingly, but I might be able to knock a bit off, as he's not managed to shift it yet.

And our survey says...
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Keep at it, he cant keep it and noone else wants it... Ball is in your court
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hissing above the brake pedal will be the seal to the servo, had the same thing on my old 306.
Thanks given by:
IMO, Its only a few weeks until Xmas chuck him an offer of £800 see where you go from there.
Chris.
Thanks given by:
at the end of the day its worth a punt at £800 as that's a lot of car,
Thanks given by:
It is a lot of car, electric everything, heated seats etc. I was thinking I'd offer £800, hadn't thought about the xmas thing though, good point!

Good news on the seal, easy job to change just the seal? Is it just a standard o-ring, do you think?
Thanks given by:
No idea but I imagine it means removing the servo a little, so depends on how much space there is in the bay as to how big a job it is.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2013, 12:32 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: It is a lot of car, electric everything, heated seats etc. I was thinking I'd offer £800, hadn't thought about the xmas thing though, good point!

Good news on the seal, easy job to change just the seal? Is it just a standard o-ring, do you think?

If its any help, my rover metros servo seal, was a standard o-ring, so I cannot see why this wont be the same, as its universal braking system.
Thanks given by:
Items 6 + 7 on a 306. There isn't a 505 option on Service Box.

[Image: lzc972D.png]
Thanks given by:
Acres of space under the bonnet, its a barge and a half! Cheers chaps, I shan't tell him it's an easy fix though :-P
Thanks given by:
Id low ball him . Its completly the wrong time of year to be selling a car like this and wont be much interest. I think you could get for a few quid under whar its worth

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(08-12-2013, 12:51 PM)puglove Wrote: Id low ball him . Its completly the wrong time of year to be selling a car like this and wont be much interest. I think you could get for a few quid under whar its worth

Put a number on that?
Thanks given by:
Id go in at 700 and anything under 800 is a bonus
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Take £700 cash. When your their get it out and let him hold onto it...

If he still says no then put your money away and walk off and dont look back.

Money talks moer than you can!
Thanks given by:
I would defo offer 700...then go from there
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Offered £800, he's not budging at all. Hmmm.
Thanks given by:
leave him to boil over it.
he aint guna get better than that
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
walk away then, as you made a decent offer.
Thanks given by:
I'll give him a day or two and then reply. I really want it, so I think if I insist on him filling the tank, and turn up with £900 cash he'll go for it.
Thanks given by:
I doubt he'll give you ~£90 of fuel and then take £100 more than he refused last time....giving him just an extra tenner Confused
Thanks given by:
£90 of fuel? Mines a diesel and it only costs £80 to brim? How enormous is the fuel tank on this thing?!
Thanks given by:
Yeah to be fair to the guy, he probably won't want to see £200 out of the window
Thanks given by:
Well, I was going to make another offer, but it seems it has sold. Never mind.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2013, 11:49 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: £90 of fuel? Mines a diesel and it only costs £80 to brim? How enormous is the fuel tank on this thing?!

Irrelevant now but assuming it's 60 litres, with petrol at £1.40(? I don't buy petrol so am guessing lol) it'd be over £80...

Did you ask how much it sold for out of interest?
Thanks given by:
£1000 I assume, as it was a grand BIN on eBay. So we woz rong, turns out he had plenty of interest, if only he'd told me Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Haha, ah well, I'm sure there'll be another one, it's not like they're rare or anything....oh.... Confused
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2013, 03:21 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Well, I was going to make another offer, but it seems it has sold. Never mind.

I bet the liam has bought it
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 02:49 PM)procta Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 03:21 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Well, I was going to make another offer, but it seems it has sold. Never mind.

nah it doesn't run Veg, unless he's going for an XUD conversion ninja

I swear Liam looks at a potential retro hack each week Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 03:08 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 02:49 PM)procta Wrote:

the mans had more cars than the days of the week! you name it he's owned it!
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 04:23 PM)procta Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 03:08 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 02:49 PM)procta Wrote: I bet the liam has bought it

the mans had more cars than the days of the week! you name it he's owned it!

You rang?

I actually did consider this, and yes it would have been 2.1 XUDed and run on KTC diesel replacement fluid.

I've looked at loads of shit recently but everyone wants top dollar for rusty crap, just because of thw whole "OMGretroWINzorZzz" effect.

Last was a Bluebird ZX Turbo...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by: