propane injection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
propane injection
Tongue 
seams to be a big thing over at America on diesel engine just wondered if any body has tried it over hear and what gains u get properly now u will have to upgrade ur conrods for a start
Thanks given by:
hmm i wondered how long before i saw this again

have you thought about hydrogen enrichment (HHO or browns gas)
Thanks given by:
only started reading up on tonight after seeing a lad on facebook is going to run it on his xud
Thanks given by:
Nitrous is soooo much better...Wink
Thanks given by:
I did quite a bit of reading into this a while back, I think the concesus was that without more air to burn the lpg then it would be pointless anyway. And as getting loads of fuel into an xud is not really an issue its not really worthwhile.

Have a read

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3637.htm...fumigation
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
There was a fella diesel des from over here that successfully ran propane in his vw golf 1.9tdi.
Thats about as much info i have on it unfortunately. He is/ was a member on tdiforums so maybe check there?
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2013, 11:38 PM)londondan86 Wrote: I did quite a bit of reading into this a while back, I think the concesus was that without more air to burn the lpg then it would be pointless anyway. And as getting loads of fuel into an xud is not really an issue its not really worthwhile.

Have a read

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3637.htm...fumigation

gd read that cheers lad
Thanks given by:
Not same gains on idi as di due to compression ratio. I dont like the idea of fuel going into the cylinder via the inlet either.
Thanks given by:
you set it to only let propane in at certain boost price in the inlet wont constantly pumping propane in
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2013, 09:56 AM)con67 Wrote: Not same gains on idi as di due to compression ratio. I dont like the idea of fuel going into the cylinder via the inlet either.

Prime for blowing apart the inlet manifold if it goes wrong.

Or if shit gets too hot, pre-ignition.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
lpg injection is just a different or additional fuel...which fyi burns hotter than diesel or petrol.

also consider that it needs extra air for the extra fuel as opposed to nitros which helps burn off excess fuel...ideal for a idi
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sounds dodgy. I get nos but we don't really need help with fueling.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2013, 05:10 PM)Tom Wrote: Sounds dodgy. I get nos but we don't really need help with fueling.

Oh really?

I thought people had been getting bored at around the 200-220 BHP, as opposed to there being major issues with fueling any further. Silly me.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
diesels only burn about 75 percent of the fuel that is injected into the cylinders, and that propane acts as a combustion catalyst to burn the remaining 25 percent of the fuel
Thanks given by:
Do it, document it every step, get some Pre & Post RR print outs.

I'd happily read it.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2013, 05:52 PM)silverzx Wrote: Do it, document it every step, get some Pre & Post RR print outs.

I'd happily read it.

would be intreasted to see might have a go if i have some spare cash next year
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2013, 05:49 PM)Teddy Wrote: diesels only burn about 75 percent of the fuel that is injected into the cylinders, and that propane acts as a combustion catalyst to burn the remaining 25 percent of the fuel

Really!? Propane is just another fuel...I can't see how it would burn off the remaining 25percent?

You sure you not thinking of NOS...as thats exactly, in simple terms, what it does with a diesel...

with these XUDs, we can always get the fuel in (hence the coaling pics) but to burn it off is another thing
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2013, 03:19 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 05:49 PM)Teddy Wrote: diesels only burn about 75 percent of the fuel that is injected into the cylinders, and that propane acts as a combustion catalyst to burn the remaining 25 percent of the fuel

Really!? Propane is just another fuel...I can't see how it would burn off the remaining 25percent?

You sure you not thinking of NOS...as thats exactly, in simple terms, what it does with a diesel...

with these XUDs, we can always get the fuel in (hence the coaling pics) but to burn it off is another thing

well read that on web so might be full off s**t would be interesting to find out though the gains if there is any
Thanks given by:
hmmm.

lot of effort to 'just see'...when the huge gains with NOS or meth are proven and worthy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Propane injection MarkHam 10 4,730 18-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Last Post: madwelshman
  Devils own methanol injection sam 15 3,539 11-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Last Post: sam