bosch pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bosch pump
Question 
Would i gain anything by fitting a Bosch pump to my 1.9 diesel ?
Thanks given by:
If you put it on and leave it standard no, but if you put one one and tune it then yer easier to tune, will deliver more Fuel than a lucus (make more power) , and if your tight will run veg oil saveing a fair amount of money Wink

Thanks given by:
(05-12-2013, 09:35 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: If you put it on and leave it standard no, but if you put one one and tune it then yer easier to tune, will deliver more Fuel than a lucus (make more power) , and if your tight will run veg oil saveing a fair amount of money Wink

sweet cheers mate, know what are lass can get me for xmas now haha
Thanks given by:
wont do frig all on a straight derv unless you want to run veg
Very hard to get for a 1.9 straight i think too, differs from turbo pump
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2013, 09:35 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: If you put it on and leave it standard no, but if you put one one and tune it then yer easier to tune, will deliver more Fuel than a lucus (make more power) , and if your tight will run veg oil saveing a fair amount of money Wink

My last 405 was n/a with Bosch, and in relation to tuning, you can get some out of it. I did mine and as a comparison, a hill going to Keswick with a 1100kg caravan kept us to 20mph full pelt. After playing I got to 30mph up the same hill with a bit more weight (took the kids the 2nd time) do your not going to win any drag races but I think it's worth doing if you've got an n/a with a Bosch
Thanks given by:
You can get a bit more from nads but not much, unless you find a way of getting more air in!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Nothing to gain here.

Needs boost.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Mine also got l me a 1min lap on nurburgring which o wouldn't say is bad. Got slowed down by an accident, wasn't a fast lap either (literally did one lap) but it felt like it wanted to go.

Also slight increase in mpg which is probably more relevant

(24-01-2014, 04:47 PM)Martin306 Wrote: Nothing to gain here.

Needs boost.

I agree not enough to gain to justify converting from Lucas, but "nothing" is a very blanket statement. They're tuned lean from the factory, so there's always a bit of unused air to be had
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 04:51 PM)firemoth Wrote: Mine also got l me a 1min lap on nurburgring which o wouldn't say is bad. Got slowed down by an accident, wasn't a fast lap either (literally did one lap) but it felt like it wanted to go.

Also slight increase in mpg which is probably more relevant

(24-01-2014, 04:47 PM)Martin306 Wrote: Nothing to gain here.

Needs boost.

I agree not enough to gain to justify converting from Lucas, but "nothing" is a very blanket statement. They're tuned lean from the factory, so there's always a bit of unused air to be had

This is true as my nad pulled 59hp and 90ftlbs first time turn fuel down and pulled 61.5hp but 70ish ftlbs just fine balance to tuning, don't forget this is a 306 Bosch on a 106 nad tho Wink

Thanks given by:
Chris, I managed 61hp (4800) and 84 ftlb @ 1600, umad? Tongue

Need to get a hold of a proper Bosch pump tbh.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 05:21 PM)Martin306 Wrote: Chris, I managed 61hp (4800) and 84 ftlb @ 1600, umad? Tongue

Need to get a hold of a proper Bosch pump tbh.

Different dynos different read outs that's what mine come back at on a really Smokey tune.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,403 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,973 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,474 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby