Chernobyl & Pripyat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chernobyl & Pripyat
http://www.ukrainianweb.com/chernobyl_ukraine.htm

Ive had a quick look at flights & hotels. Friday 7th feb - Monday 10th feb flights £131 Hotel £100, and £100 for the Tour. Those prices are EACH

Budget £500 for a long, unforgettable weekend.

I am, and always have been really intrested in doing this. Would be good to go out with a few people, friends and couples. The misses wants to come with me.

Would anyone from here be intrested in doing this?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Okay. So after tonights top gear has inspired me im gonna resurrected this idea...

Ill leave the above up as a rough guide on prices etc.

Im going back to cosford so ill be on term time. Will have two weeks off at summer, so this is when ill likely be going. (Ill be finding out my course dates with leave etc soon so will update asap)

Ill be leaving the misses all together hopefully, but wives/girlfriends are obviously still welcome! But should be good fun on the lash in the evenings. Beers are really cheap out their aswell... couple of quid a pint tops, and they dont do 'measures'
Thanks given by:
I thought about this a few years ago.
Thanks given by:
If they dont have luminous green drinks I will be diassapointed!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've always wanted to do this but won't be able to do February gutted
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I'd be well up for doing this, had a strong interest in UrbEx for some time, would love to stroll around pripyat! Shame I'd never be able to find the money by Feb though. Sad
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Something I've always fancied doing, until I had a look and realised how much radiation is still there...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Mehh it will only kill you once Liam

Sure they have them monitors and some places are safe

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Problem is it most likely wouldn't kill you straight away unless it was a huge dose, the risk is cancer 10 years down the line...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I know what you mean mate but it's a epic opportunity and 10 years down the line ill probably have cancer anyway with all the cigarettes meh

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Its fairly safe to do Liam. People have been doing this for years now
Thanks given by:
Ever seen the film 'Chernobyl Diaries'? :p
Thanks given by:
I have just make sure you don't get a back street tour guide with a shitty f*cked bus and you will be fine Smile

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Thats the film thats made me want to really really go!!
Thanks given by:
Want. Lets. Go. Right. Now!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
get saving!
Thanks given by:
Me & Amber have been wanting to do this since the film came out.

If you can let me know SOON, we could possibly make it, slightly early in the year but we're deffo going later if not.
Thanks given by:
We will deffiantly go JJ. Can go in march if it suits better? But i wanna try and get to australia in may...

We both deffiantly wanna go and i can deffiantly get time of and she can 95% get it off too.
Thanks given by:
Let me have a chat with amber tonight & we'll see
Thanks given by:
March is my birthday. Could probs blag my dad into paying haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Guy I know from a gaming forum did it a few years ago: http://grcade.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=...=chernobyl

As for Wingnutz comment about exploring, not sure you'd be allowed/able to without dieing.
Thanks given by:
no thanks sooner stick pencils in my eye
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 07:38 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Guy I know from a gaming forum did it a few years ago: http://grcade.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=...=chernobyl

As for Wingnutz comment about exploring, not sure you'd be allowed/able to without dieing.

That's kinda the point of the tour though, no? Exploring. I don't mean wandering off on your own, I don't think they allow you to do that, not even sure you're actually even allowed in the buildings, I'm definitely interested in going though!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 07:49 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(03-12-2013, 07:38 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Guy I know from a gaming forum did it a few years ago: http://grcade.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=...=chernobyl

That's kinda the point of the tour though, no? Exploring. I don't mean wandering off on your own, I don't think they allow you to do that, not even sure you're actually even allowed in the buildings, I'm definitely interested in going though!

I agree, that is the point. I was talking more about exploring on your own, without a tour, would be deadly.
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 10:24 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I'd be well up for doing this, had a strong interest in UrbEx for some time, would love to stroll around pripyat! Shame I'd never be able to find the money by Feb though. Sad

Was really into urban exploring a few years ago, still do the odd one every now and then and if you havnt done it before get yourself out there
Me and a couple of mates have seen some crazy things and been into well over 50 places.

Dont have as much time nowadays but still squeez the odd 1 in every now and then

As for chernobyl i would love to go 1 day but wont be for a few years yet
Thanks given by:

Cheers for that link!
Thanks given by:
Holy shit i just read that guys post on that gaming forum about his visit, uber uber interesting but im amazed people are allowed anywhere near there. He says at one point you cant touch anything or " dont sit down if you value your working bollocks", he actualy stands outside the reactor that blew. An amazing read, but i don't think id want to go anywhere near the place. Unless i was wearing a lead suit lol
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 11:18 AM)Alan_M Wrote: Ever seen the film 'Chernobyl Diaries'? :p
Mate f*ck that have you seen transformers 3?!

I wouldn't mind going, I watched and read up on so much about Chernobyl at one point almost an obsession all because of Call of Duty 4 lmao
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Lmfao. Radioactive theme park. Its got zombie land written all over it. Lmfao
Thanks given by:
I'd like to go but feb is well to short notice !

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Doesnt have to be feb... that was just a guide price for y'all
Thanks given by: