new pug owner needs help :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new pug owner needs help :)
ok so had my 306 D Turbo 4 days now ann kinda getting annoyed with things only small problems but i want to get them sorted first o all is my stereo

previous owner cut the stereo block off so i went to the scrap yard and cut another block from another 306 i have matched all the wires up and stereos working problem is i have to turn the stereo on manually it dont come on when i start the car up also having to turn off when i turn the car off also only one speaker is working Sad i have looked all over the net for a wireing diagram and have had no luck

second of all is the previous owner put a boost gauge in the car and they have not hooked the wires up to the gauge so there is no ilumination on the gauge so where do i wire the wires up to? there are 2 wires one red and one black

any help would be brilliant
thanks in advance Smile
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2013, 06:20 PM)DTurboTom Wrote: ok so had my 306 D Turbo 4 days now ann kinda getting annoyed with things only small problems but i want to get them sorted first o all is my stereo

previous owner cut the stereo block off so i went to the scrap yard and cut another block from another 306 i have matched all the wires up and stereos working problem is i have to turn the stereo on manually it dont come on when i start the car up also having to turn off when i turn the car off also only one speaker is working Sad i have looked all over the net for a wireing diagram and have had no luck

second of all is the previous owner put a boost gauge in the car and they have not hooked the wires up to the gauge so there is no ilumination on the gauge so where do i wire the wires up to? there are 2 wires one red and one black

any help would be brilliant
thanks in advance Smile

for the boost gauge i wired mine to the light in the ashtray so it only comes on with sidelights Big Grin
[Image: 13073041_458228241037318_1249062425_o_zpsoh6qf7gu.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[/quote]

for the boost gauge i wired mine to the light in the ashtray so it only comes on with sidelights Big Grin
[/quote]

im not sure if theres a light in the ash tray and dont no what wires go where lol
Thanks given by:
if theres no light in the lighter wire it to any lights behind the center consol they all come on with the lights turned on and as for your stereo sounds like youv wired the ignition live to the main live hence why it stays on all the time thers a perm live all the time attached to the two live wires speakers are pretty easy trail and error..
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
might help

[Image: cariso.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Under the drivers air vent there should be a aware panel pop that off with a screwdriver and connect the red wire to the orange wire and the black wire just earth it to a bolt
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
cheers danny will try that Smile
cully its a wire colour diagram im after
Thanks given by:
I'm only in Rotherham if your struggling I could have a look for you
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
pug dont use colours they use printed numbers on the cables

this might not be 100% acurate!

Thanks given by:
boost gauge has illumination thanks danny your a star
cully the previous owner cut the block off quite far back think the coped the numbers off lol
Thanks given by: