Three is a pile of sh*t

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three is a pile of sh*t
well, short story.
Been using wifi tethering on my phone to connect my phone to my tablet to watch films etc on the go.

Came to do it today and they've blocked tethering to other devices, what a bunch of cocks, considering I have unlimited all you can eat data.
So I have to pay more to enable tethering to other devices...
Mobile carriers are getting beyond a joke.

ugghh

/rant
Thanks given by:
o2 Iirc they were the first to start doing that and i think they were charging something like £8 a month just to have tethering. Rip off imho!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Three. Its my partner who is with them, i'm with o2, and tbh they are useless aswell, but I can tether to my hearts content.
Thanks given by:
If your on the one plan it shouldn't be an issue. When I took my contract I specifically said could I use the phone to tether I was told defifently and guess what went to try it I couldn't it just blocked the web and my phone 3G rang then up and they said I was never told that!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Three will let you tether for £30 a year.

Couldn't believe they blocked it when I upgraded to iPhone 5!
Thanks given by:
Pfft £30 a year, wonder if there is a way around it..
Thanks given by:
Giffgaff , never had problems tethering and has been very helpful in a number of situations

when we moved into our first student house it took a month to get internet working, luckily I just tethered for that month. Looked at my network usage app at the end of the month and saw I had used 40gb Itwasntme
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
How can they stop you tethering? Surely thats controlled on your phone and not something they have access to?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2013, 10:31 PM)Tom Wrote: How can they stop you tethering? Surely thats controlled on your phone and not something they have access to?

When you get a phone from a network, some of them modify the software to disable the tethering feature but they can reactivate it for you (or you can just spend 30 seconds on google).
Its a lot like buying a phone locked to EE only and having it unlocked to any network.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
So me using a rooted phone and custom rom wouldnt have an issue like that? The internet is so shit down here it wouldnt be worth it just curious as to how these sneaky bastards do it.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2013, 10:47 PM)Tom Wrote: So me using a rooted phone and custom rom wouldnt have an issue like that? The internet is so shit down here it wouldnt be worth it just curious as to how these sneaky bastards do it.

Shouldn't do no. Not unless who ever designed said rom is a kill joy and disabled it lol.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I thought they blocked it at the network end and it didn't matter what your phone could do.

Three should have tethering enabled on 'the one plan' if they've disabled it I'd phone up and give them a rollocking, threaten to cancel the contract for breach of terms - that usually gets things moving again.
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 10:19 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: I thought they blocked it at the network end and it didn't matter what your phone could do.

Three should have tethering enabled on 'the one plan' if they've disabled it I'd phone up and give them a rollocking, threaten to cancel the contract for breach of terms - that usually gets things moving again.

Don't think so. When i was with T mobile, they didn't allow tethering but i activated it on my phone and it worked just fine.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 10:19 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: I thought they blocked it at the network end and it didn't matter what your phone could do.

I'm on Three & the One Plan, and can confirm I do have tethering. Use it loads for my tablet.

I've not had an issue with Three, and are much better than Vodafone/Orange (plus the dreaded CellNet if anybody on here remembers them?). Comes down to personal experience I suppose.....
Thanks given by:
I'm with 3 and they've been faultless. Tether everything.

Wouldn't touch anyone else
Thanks given by:
Im on the one plan and can still use tethering, just tested it now after reading this
Thanks given by:
Virgin ftw, unlimited Calls, Text and Internet for £15 per month. Tethering not blocked.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 08:17 PM)Just Sean Wrote: I'm with 3 and they've been faultless. Tether everything.

Wouldn't touch anyone else
You wouldnt say that if you ever have to deal with them theyre a nightmare to get anything from. Simple enquires take half hour and if you want a Pac code set aside atleast an hour. Or up to 2! Its the only reason why carphone wont be deaking with them come Dec 4th

Im actually on 3 myself an their data plans and tarrifs are great! Just hop you never need to call them
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As above, worst customer service i've had to deal with. Never trusted them since I was deliberately missold a contract and messed around for months trying to sort it out.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 05:26 PM)Niall Wrote:

Don't think so. When i was with T mobile, they didn't allow tethering but i activated it on my phone and it worked just fine.

They do detect the data at the network end, it's just if your account is under 'watch' for this or not. Older contracts before rule changes = perhaps not watched so tightly, newer contracts = very hard to tether.

On a recently taken out (1-2 years) three contract they'll be quick to block tethering, easy for them to see what data is passing through their system to your phone.
Thanks given by:
Im on pay and go on three this month after being tethered to Xbox I've used 27gb and they can't cut me off lmfao
Thanks given by:
I was with three until we moved house, 10 months into a 24month £40pm contract on an iPhone 5, phoned them and they were great, offered to virtually half my bill but understood the only reason I was cancelling was due to no signal. Then offered to cover the whole line rental cost, and pay half of the phone and even unlock it free and sort the PAC code.

I now have no contract, paid. £139 for a 10mth old IPhone 5 that I'd had from new & now on a £13 vodafone rolling contract.

I'd go back to them straight away if it weren't for having no signal at all in our new house. The constant 3G internet is fantastic!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TU engines = pile of crap Poodle 19 3,276 11-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Poodle