1.5 derv fuel pumps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.5 derv fuel pumps
right one for those who play with the 106s etc,
one of the lads on the metro owners club is doing a samass, but its a metro diesel.
the car has the lucas pump on, can he get a borsch pump from the 306 and put that on?
he is going to fit the rear beam to the metro from a 106 too,
Thanks given by:
Don't really know much about it but is there a port for some kind of turbo compensation on the 1.9td pumps or are you thinking a NAD pump?
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2013, 08:54 PM)Andy! Wrote: Don't really know much about it but is there a port for some kind of turbo compensation on the 1.9td pumps or are you thinking a NAD pump?

the fella is going to Turbo it, so TD pump. not sure how related these are to the 1.9 engines.
Thanks given by:
I guess if the cambelt is the same width and theres some kind of bracket available why not? Theres not a great deal of info in the OP to go from really lol.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I'm sure I have seen a 1.5 106 fitted with a turbo on youtube, or maybe it was a supercharger.
Thanks given by:
Same tu engine that is in the 106 iirc so a bosch off a 1.9 as salads has done should do the trick.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If engine is the same as 106 can be done, samass done it, I done it, sure piggy is doing it (fitting a Bosch that is) just tricky getting timing right Smile

EDIT! They are the same tu engine as the 106/saxo/ax never new that!

*runs off to buy a metro 1.5* Wink

Thanks given by:
Yeah, doable, but is a bit of a shit as there's no timing holes, but it's not impossible.

Bits of the bracket need a little trimming also IIRC, but nothing major.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
should I tell him not to bother, due to the timing been a pig to do?
yeah the metro diesel is the same engine from its French cousins, laugh is the 3 cars use the gearbox too!
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 04:03 PM)procta Wrote: should I tell him not to bother, due to the timing been a pig to do?
yeah the metro diesel is the same engine from its French cousins, laugh is the 3 cars use the gearbox too!

No still worth doing just gotta no we're to time the pump up to Wink sure if you ask nicely I can help or samass will be along with help

Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 04:18 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(25-11-2013, 04:03 PM)procta Wrote: should I tell him not to bother, due to the timing been a pig to do?

No still worth doing just gotta no we're to time the pump up to Wink sure if you ask nicely I can help or samass will be along with help

I will see what he says about swopping the pump over, and I will ask you nicely for the timing details, after all he is another hard core 1.5 na derv owner, but in a different shell.
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 05:37 PM)procta Wrote:
(25-11-2013, 04:18 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

I will see what he says about swopping the pump over, and I will ask you nicely for the timing details, after all he is another hard core 1.5 na derv owner, but in a different shell.

I'm happy to answer any questions if the guy wants to no any info, but be better if he just xud'ed the metro Wink :Lol: that would be pretty epic

Thanks given by:
I have spoke to him about that, as I know someone on .net did it to a 106.
I will keep you posted on how he gets on, and post over questions he may have. he mentioned the crank pulley is different.
did you keep the 1.5 or did that get swopped over for the 1.9?
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 06:12 PM)procta Wrote: I have spoke to him about that, as I know someone on .net did it to a 106.
I will keep you posted on how he gets on, and post over questions he may have. he mentioned the crank pulley is different.

Don't really understand what you mean there? Do you mean have I got 1.5 engine in my 106 or 1.9 I've got 1.5 engine. If you mean did I change the crank pulley no I didn't.

The pump fits on the 106 bracket if you cut the 4th bolt hole off. Have to cut the throttle arm as short as possible so it clears raditor, use 106 Bosch fuel injector lines as there bolt on (or can use lucus ones with lots of bending). Use Bosch pulley. Timing wise bascily get it set to same as 306 timing and you won't be far out (12-5) that's it really did take me a while to get timing sorted but Jenks came to the rescue and told me I was doing it all wrong lol you have to use the pump as your 12o'clock not the engine block if that makes sense.

Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 06:48 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(25-11-2013, 06:12 PM)procta Wrote: I have spoke to him about that, as I know someone on .net did it to a 106.

Don't really understand what you mean there? Do you mean have I got 1.5 engine in my 106 or 1.9 I've got 1.5 engine. If you mean did I change the crank pulley no I didn't.

The pump fits on the 106 bracket if you cut the 4th bolt hole off. Have to cut the throttle arm as short as possible so it clears raditor, use 106 Bosch fuel injector lines as there bolt on (or can use lucus ones with lots of bending). Use Bosch pulley. Timing wise bascily get it set to same as 306 timing and you won't be far out (12-5) that's it really did take me a while to get timing sorted but Jenks came to the rescue and told me I was doing it all wrong lol you have to use the pump as your 12o'clock not the engine block if that makes sense.

sorry for throwing you off there chris, I think he was meaning the crank pulley needed swopping over, off the 1.9 to the 1.5. I was side tracked when posting up.
so you have answered that for me, so I will pass that on.
I will pm him this info, as that's gold for him.
Thanks given by:
No worrys any more questions feel free to ask, were does this guy live? If he's local don't mind even lending a hand/letting him look at mine so he can see what needs to be done.

Thanks given by:
the lad lives in Newbury, Berks, he' just bought a kkk from a renault 1.5dci,
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2013, 02:26 PM)procta Wrote: the lad lives in Newbury, Berks, he' just bought a kkk from a renault 1.5dci,

Ahhh to far for me interested to keep my eye on this project tho, like to project thread?

Thanks given by:
(26-11-2013, 02:46 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(26-11-2013, 02:26 PM)procta Wrote: the lad lives in Newbury, Berks, he' just bought a kkk from a renault 1.5dci,

Ahhh to far for me interested to keep my eye on this project tho, like to project thread?

sadly the metro owners forum is restricted, so you would have to sign up.
Thanks given by:
Samas is selling a specific Bosch for these for £75. Get on it.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2013, 05:29 PM)silverzx Wrote: Samas is selling a specific Bosch for these for £75. Get on it.

When you say specific, you mean with the 4th bolt hole grinded off and throttle arm shorten Wink but will save getting grinder out

Thanks given by:
Yes thats exactly what I mean.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I will let him know, he's going to make a flange up for his turbo,.
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2013, 03:17 PM)procta Wrote: I will let him know, he's going to make a flange up for his turbo,.

Is he putting turbo down the back? It's really tight back there with gear likages starter motor etc

Thanks given by:
(29-11-2013, 04:44 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(29-11-2013, 03:17 PM)procta Wrote: I will let him know, he's going to make a flange up for his turbo,.

Is he putting turbo down the back? It's really tight back there with gear likages starter motor etc

not sure yet, he hasn't posted any photos up yet. I will keep you posted.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FAI Water Pumps RAW 12 4,434 18-02-2015, 12:13 AM
Last Post: vinny
  "Cheap" new water pumps (£15) silverzx 22 6,591 11-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Last Post: ConorTRG
  What pumps are these? bobertmate 8 2,160 16-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Mal