306 hdi not starting ***please read***

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi not starting ***please read***
To begin with, I have done a lot of searching on the forum and other sites plus google and still none the wiser.

Was driving oine day, come out the following day and refused to start, it was showing P0335 crankshaft position sensor.

It cranks but won't fire.

Here is a list of everything we have tried so far.

New lift pump with separate 12v feed.
Replaced Crankshaft position sensor
Replace Camshaft position sensor
Fitted several new 0 and 4 gauge earths
Checked cam has not slipped a tooth
Checked fuel rail
Checked injectors
checked all sensors
checked all fuses internal and external
Checked relay module (Behind ECU)
checked fuel cut off switch
checked third piston cut off
swapped battery terminal clamps
fully charged battery and jumped off three different cars
tried bumping
applied easy start which fired briefly then cut out and wouldn't start again
unplugged fuel pressure sensor to test if pressure related
tested glow plugs as pointless as this was

This is a small list of actions taken. Everything tested with multi-meter seems to be at the correct values as specified by Autodata.

What am I missing?

Any help appreciated as at the moment I am completely puzzled.
Thanks given by:
broken wire from the cam sensor to the ECU?
check wires for continuity in the engine loom also check the plug at the chassis leg where the engine loom plugs into the chassis loom
Thanks given by:
Just swapping the Cam sensor plug for a spare and checked most now and all fine so far I'll check plug now cheers
Thanks given by:
could it be an immobiliser issue?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like Immob - you need to get proper PP diagnostics on it - that'll tell you the actual issue rather than throwing parts at it.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ive read that if it were immobiliser it wouldnt show anything on the code reader and I'm getting a sync with the ecu and I know this but haven't got pp2000 and as I'm breaking the car don't see the point it buying it
Thanks given by:
If you're breaking the car, why are you fixing it..?

As Cully says, if its still showing crankshaft codes after replacing the sensor you want to be checking for continuity.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Have you checked live data when cracking to see if it's picking up all the right signals on the code reader
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Checked cars lines throughout and all have continuity liturally down to glow plugs and don't have live data mate
Thanks given by:
Had this same problem with mine changed in tank pump to discover yhe fuel pump solenoid on the right hand side of fuel pump was gubbed so replaced that and its firing no bother only problem i have with mine now is its in limp mode witch is pointing to a fuel pressure sensor
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a problem I had a while ago, was immobiliser. I'd check that out.
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 05:02 PM)craig306hdi Wrote: Had this same problem with mine changed in tank pump to discover yhe fuel pump solenoid on the right hand side of fuel pump was gubbed so replaced that and its firing no bother only problem i have with mine now is its in limp mode witch is pointing to a fuel pressure sensor

Limp mode doesn't necessarily mean it's the pressure sensor at fault, just means the engine is running on a reduced range to avoid possible damage from the fault.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: