wipers broken

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wipers broken
Sad 
My front wiper arms have broken and disconnected from the motor, when I flick the stalk to turn the wipers on I can see the motor is working fine but the actual arms are not connected to the motor therefore there is no movement in the wipers. Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks given by:
They have a safety break off mechanism to save the motor burning out I think, did you use them when they were iced up or anything?
Thanks given by:
Hey Tom,
I was driving at some speed in heavy rain and all of a sudden the wipers stopped at an upright position, I managed to get the car of the motorway and pull up in a service station, when I done some inspection I realised they were no longer connected to the motor.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, ok, do the linkages between the motor and the arms move alright when the motor moves? Or are they stuck still as well?
Thanks given by:
They are working its just the arms which have disconnected
Thanks given by:
Ok, just seems odd that both would stop at once like that. If it is just the arms come loose, all you need to do is tighten the 13mm nut that hold the arms to the linkage. Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice one tom, got it sorted mate thanks for the help bud Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I was gonna say, the only thing that would cause that is stripped splines or a loose nut allowing the arm to come off the spindle.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by: