Why use a bosch Pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why use a bosch Pump
i know a bosch pump is the better pump to go for but why?

whats wrong with the lucus pump?

why will the lucus pump die a miserable death if used with veg?
Thanks given by:
Bosch pump easier to tune, can run veg etc no issues, can deliver more Fuel I believe for more gains

Lucus will probably die with veg oil some people have run them and they keep going some people have put veg oil in and soon as its sucked it though they have died.

Thanks given by:
For a stage 1 and below I don't think it's worth changing if your not running veg. When your running more fuel the lucas simple cannot supply the fuel without some internal work I believe.
Also the Bosch has a better boost compensator system to reduce off boost smoke and more fuel on boost.

As the the veg issues the Lucas relies on the fuel as internal lubricant more than the Bosch I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
If you are tuning your car a Bosch is the only way really you can't gov mod or grind the lda in a Lucas amongst a lot of other things

A Lucas isn't recomended to run veg they usually seize up
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
bosch is better to tune and runs veg.
Thanks given by:
the Bosch ve pump is a work of art....a thing of beauty
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Lucas can run veg, or anything for that matter. I know a guy who has been doing it for ages, on his crappy run about, even puts in old engine oil and other stuff.

But Bosch is better for tuning.
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2013, 12:03 AM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Lucas can run veg, or anything for that matter. I know a guy who has been doing it for ages, on his crappy run about, even puts in old engine oil and other stuff.

But Bosch is better for tuning.

it's probably the old engine oil that's keeping it going . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Bosch can run anything aswell btw, i put what evers going in mine as long as its oily.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
There's been horror stories all over the net for years about the Lucas. In my experience it isn't really substantiated. I know a few people who have run all sorts thru 306's over the years without failures. I have seen evidence of the pumps starting to seep out fuel tho. It's happened on a couple of 106 dervs with the lucas pump too. However, even they didn't fail and after a while back on straight derv appear to have dried themselves out :-)
IMO if running a Lucas just don't get too greedy with the thick stuff and you should be ok Smile
Thanks given by:
I've never seen a Lucas provide more then 146 BHP of fueling.

My lucas + TD04L doesn't feel particularly pokey. If it was a standard bosch pump I bet it would be uncomparable.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,467 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,996 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby