Dturbo just died

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dturbo just died
Now then Folks Im in a bit of a muddle!!!

This morning i went out to my Ph1 Dturbo and it fired up lovely from putting the new glowplugs in ang tightning up any jubilee clips!!!

BUT about 5 seconds after firing up it sudenly stopped runningAngry!!!
I lifted the bonet to have a look around and noticed the grenade had no fuel in it at all so i primed it back up but it still wont fire up!! Why would there be no fuel in the grenade??? I am suspecting the lift pump might have packed up!!!

Any help would be great
Thanks given by:
There is no lift pump in a XUD. There will more than likely be an air lock now, does the grenade get hard once pumped up?
Thanks given by:
Yeh it gets hard once pumped
Thanks given by:
yeah sounds like you're getting air in somewhere Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Try the bleed nipple on the fuel housing.
Thanks given by:
I will check the bleed nipple when i get home and i will also check the grub screw on the side of the filter housing aswell just incase Thanx guys
Thanks given by:
If your on about the white 1 dont touch that lol
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2013, 01:38 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: If your on about the white 1 dont touch that lol

that's probably where it's leaking from though tbh . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ok it dose look a bit britle to be honest so I won't touch that one
Thanks given by:
So i checked the bleed nipple when i got home and everything is all tight!!
The grenade had emptied the diesel out again so i pumped it up till it was hard only when i let go i could hear a very faint noise like air was being sucked in!!!
Thanks given by:
There will be an air leak somewhere most probably the fuel filter housing
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think the Grenade has had it so i have ordered a new on and some new Fuel hose aswell.

Lets see if that sorts it. it sounded like the air was being pulled in through the grenade so i susspect a little pin hole or something
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by: