Any citroen 1.4i owners...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any citroen 1.4i owners...
I'm trying to sort the timing on a xsara 1.4i and cant find the flywheel locking hole for the life of me, anyone got amy ideas..? Cheers
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Tried behind the starter motor? I think thats where they are on most PSA engines...
Thanks given by:
That'd have been my guess too^^
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Starter motor is on the back of the block on this one, anything that's not obscured by the motor is just open to the flywheel...

There's 3 holes that could be it on the front of the block, one large and two small. There's nothing on the flywheel that matches up to the larger hole - can see it quite easily - and as far as i can tell it's the same with the smaller ones too. I tried keeping pressure on a 5mm allen key in both holes while turning the engine over and didn't get anywhere, turned it over 3 times for each hole just to make sure, but nothing.

WTAF?? :x
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
[Image: Untitled-11.png]

5+6 are the locking pins, looks like it should be on the flywheel to me
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Farking legend, nice one mate cheers.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Some of the early flywheels just have an indent rather than a hole.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Sorted, got the missus to turn it over while i was looking for the hole, found the bugger eventually. Damn thing was exactly the same size as the allen key i was trying to find it with, slightly the wrong angle and it skated past, which at least explains why i couldn't work it out earlier. :roll:

Cheers for the help dudes, Connor you've got some rep reserved for when Scott and Foobs get their shizzle sorted.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, getting your missis to help find the hole....bet she does that alot... lol
Thanks given by:
Only if she doesn't want a surprise... ninja
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: