parts/angles for building exhaust system?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
parts/angles for building exhaust system?
wanting to build up either a 2.5 or 3 inch bore exhaust from the decat pipe sleeve backwards? from mild steel

what angles of pre mandrel bent pipe do i need to get to mimic the original, and what lengths of straight pipe?

also the cost of buying the parts and having them fitted by an exhaust place versus having the same place make me one up from their own parts

any advice is appreciated
Thanks given by:
if you buy parts and bring them to an exhaust place, they'll ra*e you on labour, simply because it isnt their material so they'll have to make the money somewhere.

best bet would be to get it made at the exhaust place. OR go to a scrap yard and get a few mid sections off old cars and build your own. I made mine up with an 8ft length of straight pipe and a middle section of a turbo diesel zr, using the bends to copy the old one and build the new system.
Thanks given by:
You need a 45* and a 60* bend, 1m of straight pipe and a backbox or some more win pipe.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(18-11-2013, 07:53 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: You need a 45* and a 60* bend, 1m of straight pipe and a backbox or some more win pipe.

Would it be the same required for a XUD?
Thanks given by:
I'll do a guide later with approximate measurements etc..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(18-11-2013, 01:41 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I'll do a guide later with approximate measurements etc..

Ideal cheers
Thanks given by:
Also the pre made bends have two notches in them, is this for a clamp?

If so can it just all be clamped together or will it all need welding?

Cheers
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  exhaust system for an estate? MIKE-FORD 0 886 08-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Last Post: MIKE-FORD
  Exhaust System? MIKE-FORD 52 9,437 05-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  MONGOOSE EXHAUST SYSTEM PEUGEOT 306 2.0 HDi procta 10 3,578 04-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Eeyore