Mystery switch?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mystery switch?
I've found a switch beside the keyhole for turning the airbags off. I have pushed it a few times and it seems to have no use (as far as I know). Anyone have any idea as to what it's for? It's in a 2000 HDI if that's any help also.
Thanks given by:
Rear window isolator.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah thanks. Was beginning to bug me, especially since I have no manual with the car.

Is that where passengers in the back can't operate their windows? Or am I completely of course?
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 10:14 PM)LeeroyNI Wrote: Ah thanks. Was beginning to bug me, especially since I have no manual with the car.

Is that where passengers in the back can't operate their windows? Or am I completely of course?

Yeah, that's exactly what it's for. Smile
Thanks given by:
Hmm, strange that. The car's only a 3 door. Oh well, at least I know its use now Smile
Thanks given by:
is the switch on the seering columb?

if so its for the alarm
Thanks given by:
post up a pic of the switch
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Pics will help. As the rear window thing is for 5drs only.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It probably is to do with the alarm I'd assume.

Unable to take photo's, iPhone gave up on me a while back unfortunately
Thanks given by:
I also have a mystery switch, small back one located next to the headlight level switch?
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2013, 10:22 PM)JJtheHITMAN Wrote: I also have a mystery switch, small back one located next to the headlight level switch?

I also have a black tipped push button in-between the headlight level control and dash light dimmer. I assumed it was for the alarm, as it doesn't look factory fit, more aftermarket. There is a small LED above it. I dare not press it in-case the car never starts again!
Thanks given by:
Mine has a green light on there with indicator arrows on that goes to. Relay in the fusebox but never lights up. Full of weird switches these cars
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Do you have rear electric windows Kyle? Yours sounds like the cut-off switch for those.
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2013, 10:28 PM)Alan_M Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 10:22 PM)JJtheHITMAN Wrote: I also have a mystery switch, small back one located next to the headlight level switch?

I also have a black tipped push button in-between the headlight level control and dash light dimmer. I assumed it was for the alarm, as it doesn't look factory fit, more aftermarket. There is a small LED above it. I dare not press it in-case the car never starts again!

Yes, this is the button I'm talking about. I've still no idea what it's for Huh
Thanks given by:
Tiny black push button with chrome nut fixing. Traced wires today and they go to alarm, no idea why. I also have a flashing red imob led in the centre by clock but i presumed that was standard. Glad to hear others have this mystery switch.
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 08:39 PM)JJtheHITMAN Wrote: Tiny black push button with chrome nut fixing. Traced wires today and they go to alarm

Good man, glad someone's definitely got it haha. At least I can sleep at nights now! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 03:24 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Do you have rear electric windows Kyle? Yours sounds like the cut-off switch for those.
no no I do have them but I fitted them so know what that one is. Its a small one been drilled into the plastic cover but has a bulb in that's wired into a relay I will stick a picture up
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by: