realistically achieving about 150bhp from my hdi?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
realistically achieving about 150bhp from my hdi?
(18-11-2013, 04:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: @op all you need is a FMIC and a remap. Nothing else.

There is many guides in the guide section that will help you.

This. And a clutch.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2013, 04:00 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Someone agrees with me then lol

Oh yeah, logically speaking it's the only way to go - they're pretty much maxing durations at around the 200bhp mark and raising the rail pressure can't add much to the flow.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You dont need a clutch to make 150bhp. Clutches dont add power.

You will most likely need an updated clutch to cope with the extra power if you build yourself a decent set up. I tried a brand new valeo with a fmic once and it slipped and so was a waste of £100 and the time it took to fit.
Thanks given by:
If anyone's still running the original clutch then even a Stage 1 remap will cause it to slip in no time.

I installed a standard Sachs road clutch kit. It cost around £150. I've been running 160bhp at Stage 2 for over a year now and there has been no slipping.

You can have all the power in the world, but without a clutch that can handle it, all that power means nothing.

For this reason, I would say that an appropriate clutch is essential for Stage 2.
Thanks given by:
Not much point going stage 2 unless you get a decent clutch.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Heart 
(22-11-2013, 10:32 AM)Pipps Wrote: If anyone's still running the original clutch then even a Stage 1 remap will cause it to slip in no time.

Not true at all, mines a heavy stage 1 plus intercooler running an estimated 250lb/ft and has been for the last 15k. The clutch is at least 40k old, possibly over 120k, and takes ALL the abuse and laughs it off. There's no reason anyone elses shouldn't be the same, unless they drive like a complete troll lol.

Completely agree regards stage 2 though, I reckon mnc amd emma have been lucky with theirs, or they're much more mechanically sympathetic than most. Either way, theirs is the exception rather than the rule, in 95% of conversions i've seen, only two have managed to retain the original clutch.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
A 40k is very different from a 120k clutch.

I think we're all ultimately saying the same thing here...

Which is good Smile
Thanks given by:
Not at all, it's still a standard clutch lol, for a stage one you really don't need an uprated clutch.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
A clutch with 40k of wear will deal with additional torque very differently to a clutch with 120k of wear. Clutches don't last forever. The friction plate wears out over time.

Indeed, a clutch with 120k of wear will be nearing its last legs even on the standard map.

I don't see how you can deny that.
Thanks given by:
From my experience most cars are fine on a stage 1 with standard clutch.

Stage 2 is what rapes them.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Stage 2 full torque can be put through a standard clutch. It won't do it for long and you need to drive it properly. Drive in binary and it'll glaze over fairly instantly.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I can deny that, i've just had a look through my service history and it seems mine's never had a clutch, so it has done 127k. Rofl Based on that I reckon it's last legs must be better than my first ones lol.

Genuinely dude, you should not need to blow £4/500 on a "proper" clutch for a stage 1 map, it's totally unecessary.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 05:18 PM)Poodle Wrote: I can deny that, i've just had a look through my service history and it seems mine's never had a clutch, so it has done 127k. Rofl Based on that I reckon it's last legs must be better than my first ones lol.

Genuinely dude, you should not need to blow £4/500 on a "proper" clutch for a stage 1 map, it's totally unecessary.

You seem to be agreeing with me without realising it. You also seem to be telling fibbs.

As I said in post #34, I installed a standard Sachs road clutch kit for £150. This is what I advise anyone to do. So there's no need to whine about "£4/500" clutches.

Yet I struggle to see how your original clutch with 127k miles on it can continue to not slip with an 'estimated' 250lb/ft Stage 1 remap now. It's just not possible. I am in a better position than anyone else to know this from experience...

This is because my 306 is a late registered 2001 'Y' plate. I have owned it since it was a year old, when it had 8k on the clock. I have driven it carefully and maintained it religiously for the last 11 years. The original clutch began slipping at 110k miles a month after installing a 129bhp remap.

Now, I don't know what plate your 306 is, but it is highly unlikely to be newer or 'younger' than mine. So yours must be over 12 years old. So if what you're saying about your own original clutch is true, then our vehicles must have come from the factory with very different OEM clutches fitted(!).

There is no conceivable way that your 306 could have been driven more carefully throughout the course of its life than mine has been over the last 10+ years.

So your claim that you are still on your original clutch with 127k miles while running 250lb/ft is simply not supportable. In other words, I don't believe you.
Thanks given by:
Totally can't be arsed to argue with you lol. I'm not lying, and don't understand why you think i would, but whatever.

You're right about the clutch you have, for some reason i had it in my head you had a paddle clutch, my sincerest apologies. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 05:31 PM)Pipps Wrote: I struggle to see how your original clutch with 127k miles on it can continue to not slip with an 'estimated' 250lb/ft Stage 1 remap now. It's just not possible.

Bullsh*t. It IS possible, as long as the clutch isn't glazed or totally worn out to the point where it doesn't have any friction material left.

I think you'll find that if you have driven properly I.E, not driving along with your foot resting on the clutch or holding it on a hill while stationary, the clamping force actually increases as the clutch wears out.

This is because my 306 is a late registered 2001 'Y' plate. I have owned it since it was a year old, when it had 8k on the clock. I have driven it carefully and maintained it religiously for the last 11 years. The original clutch began slipping at 110k miles a month after installing a 129bhp remap.

See above, I'd like to see a picture of the clutch when it was removed TBH, I'll bet it was either glazed or totally worn out to the point where there was basically no friction material.

our vehicles must have come from the factory with very different OEM clutches fitted(!).

This is Peugeot we're talking about here, anything is possible..

There is no conceivable way that your 306 could have been driven more carefully throughout the course of its life than mine has been over the last 10+ years.

Erm, well there is.

Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 05:55 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: This is Peugeot we're talking about here, anything is possible..
Unfortunately Jonny, no matter how much you want to believe that clutches never wear out, that's one thing that's just not possible Angel
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 06:09 PM)Pipps Wrote:
(22-11-2013, 05:55 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: This is Peugeot we're talking about here, anything is possible..
Unfortunately Jonny, no matter how much you want to believe that clutches never wear out, that's one thing that's just not possible Angel

Where did I say the clutch isn't possible to wear out?

Thanks given by:
Rofl

Are you even reading these posts?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I like turtles
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 06:49 PM)Connor Wrote: I like turtles

NO, You have to climb a tree first.

Thanks given by:
So, anyone fancy a laugh? Guess what happened last night..?

Yup, my clutch started slipping. Badly. Rofl Rofl Rofl
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-11-2013, 08:12 AM)Poodle Wrote: So, anyone fancy a laugh? Guess what happened last night..?

Were you driving in binary/fooby style? Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Aw shet bru, that's not good. Time for a paddle?

Thanks given by:
Lol Poodle. Karma mate.. Karma..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Give it hell mate, a couple of full throttle second gear launches Big Grin you might persuade it to bed back in for a few thousand miles.

Or it might finish it of..

Thanks given by:
Lol Trent, ikr...

As long as I don't hoof it between 1500 and 3000rpm its fine, and tbf to it I am currently hauling another half a car around in the boot. lol

Will have a go at bedding it back in once the cars empty, I reckon a paddle is probably overdue though lol. Looks like my spending money for the next few months is accounted for then. Rolleyes
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Excuse to get a proper stage 2 map on it though once you've got a clutch that will take it though lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2013, 08:19 AM)vlj Wrote:
(23-11-2013, 08:12 AM)Poodle Wrote: So, anyone fancy a laugh? Guess what happened last night..?

Were you driving in binary/fooby style? Rolleyes

Fooby doesn't drive like that at all! Rolleyes
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Can you not just upgrade the pressure plate on these or will it destroy a standard Friction plate?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Fixed it! Big Grin Like so:

(23-11-2013, 01:03 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Give it hell mate, a couple of full throttle second gear launches
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: