realistically achieving about 150bhp from my hdi?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
realistically achieving about 150bhp from my hdi?
Just want to no realistically what needs to be done. For example if it needs a bigger turbo, what turbo would i need to buy? Thanks
Thanks given by:
Fmic and remap
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the reply. Is that it? No uprated pump, bigger turbo etc? I wanna do it all proper 1st time...
Thanks given by:
Im not that clued up on the HDis but 150bhp can pretty easy be achieved on standard turbo. People do uprated the pumps but im not sure what power the standard pump is capable of. Also usually on a stage 2 people uprate the clutch to come with the torque.

If you want to do a decent job I would say uprate the pump, think its a R70 pump people usually good for and uprated the clutch to a paddle clutch. Get a FMIC all sorted and then get a decent remap.

Have a look in the HDi section, tons of info in there
Thanks given by:
150 at the fly or at the wheels?

There's a fair difference, you see.. Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I've got 160bhp.

FMIC, a good remap, decat Longlife exhaust, uprated fuel pump, and uprated fuel timer.
Thanks given by:
What on earth is a fuel timer meant to be?

Fmic and remap, job done. Probably need an uprated clutch too. Check out the guide section, all the info you need is in there. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It's the 1800BAR rail pressure sensor from a 1.6HDi - it determines the fuel delivery timing, among other things.

I'm sure you knew this and that you're just being pedantic Tongue
Thanks given by:
Wasn't being pedantic, didn't know that at all, never heard it called a fuel timer before. As far as I was aware it's just a pressure sensor and the ecu deals with all the injection timing etc, always open to being corrected though. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I recall Mr Whippy wrote a nice long post on how the uprated rail pressure sensor is capable of providing different timings which enable better fueling at higher revs. This is why a Stage 2 map file needs to have its timings set up differently if the uprated fuel sensor is being used. Anyway, I agree that 'fuel pressure sensor' is the proper name for it.
Thanks given by:
I think you're getting confused with injection duration set in the map, rather than the physical sensor changing this.. the sensor is.. well a sensor, it enables the car to be able to read higher rail pressures.. that's it.. no 'fuel timer' i'm afraid

This is the thread I think you're referring to: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-6914-pag...ail+sensor
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice one! Thanks for the correction and clarification Smile
Thanks given by:
@op all you need is a FMIC and a remap. Nothing else.

There is many guides in the guide section that will help you.
Thanks given by:
... and after a fortnight of liberally enjoying your new Stage 2 setup, you may then also need a new clutch Wink
Thanks given by:
Not entirely true.. Ours has been over 275 lb/ft for a few years now, it was a nearly new stock valeo clutch just before the FMIC was fitted
Thanks given by:
I've been getting the same for a couple of years with 275lb/ft (370nm) on a new Sachs road clutch too - with absolutely no problems. (A paddle clutch is definitely not needed, as is sometimes mentioned elsewhere.)

The problem is, all 306 HDis are over ten years old now, and most people FMIC their HDis when they're still running the original clutch.
Thanks given by:
True true, if you're replacing it anyway it would seem silly not to upgrade if you can afford to tbh.. I only put a standard one in cos it was 50 quid.. over 2 years worth of abuse later and it Still hasn't slipped
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2013, 05:28 PM)Pipps Wrote: The problem is, all 306 HDis are over ten years old now

Exactly that. Same goes for issues with lift pumps, hp pumps, injectors, lifters, etc, etc. Going stage 2 involves changing the engine so it is producing a good 70% more power than standard, problems like these should be expected really, it's amazing we don't have to do more to help the engine support the extra power.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
This is why I've always loved the Hdi tbh! The power that can be extracted with not a lot of work is impressive.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies.. I'm new to diesels and stuff, I've done many 16v conversions on the ax's and 106s but fancied some power with a bit of eco aswell...

Funds ain't really an issue sowould be done properly.. New clutch, fmic, will decat! Also i think I read somewhere about a pipe from a 2.2 hdi to put to inlet?

Also does a clutch fit from the gti6 onto the hdi's? Or is it a hdi updated clutch that has to be bought?
Thanks given by:
You'll need all the essential FMIC pipes.

An HDi-specific clutch is needed.
Thanks given by:
This lot would see you sail past 150 with a good remap..

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-16887.html

Thanks given by:
Do you need to get the 1.6 hdi rail pressure sensor mapped in or is it just a job of fitting
Thanks given by:
It will have to be mapped in as it's calibrated differently to the stock one, i believe it will run without it though.. how well or if it will damage it however, i don't know
Thanks given by:
Let me clarify. Your car will run a Stage 2 map with just the standard 306 rail pressure sensor fitted. However, if you do fit the uprated 1.6 HDi rail pressure sensor, then your map file will need to be specifically written or amended to take it into account. You could try installing the uprated pressure sensor without modifying the map file, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Thanks given by:
What's the benifits from the highter fuel pressure sensor ? Any bhp diffrent ?
Thanks given by:
Read this thread and the long post by my whippy: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-6914-pag...ail+sensor
Thanks given by:
Stock everything with an intercooler will see 150 without issues. What it will do is highlight any underlying problems and wear everything faster.

Thanks given by:
You can use the dv6 frps without changing the map, but it will act like a chronic tuning box. Chances are it will melt your turbo unless you drive it very sympathetically. Tbh I think the money usually spent on things like uprated frps and hp pump would be better used paying for a set of injector nozzles to be extrude-honed. But thats another story for another day and not really relevant here, so i'll shush lol. Suffice to say its all completely unnecessary for 150bhp. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(19-11-2013, 03:21 PM)Poodle Wrote: You can use the dv6 frps without changing the map, but it will act like a chronic tuning box. Chances are it will melt your turbo unless you drive it very sympathetically. Tbh I think the money usually spent on things like uprated frps and hp pump would be better used paying for a set of injector nozzles to be extrude-honed. But thats another story for another day and not really relevant here, so i'll shush lol. Suffice to say its all completely unnecessary for 150bhp. Smile

Someone agrees with me then lol

Thanks given by: