I like to live life on the edge....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like to live life on the edge....
Put her in her place!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Put her in her place!

Ah it's not her fault. I just need to vent my anger for Tom. I could just go and have a angry wank tbh...
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You may rip something though!
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:You may rip something though!

Nah. It's my main way of venting anger. My knob is covered in callasts.....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Lovely picture in my mind...NAAATTT!
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Put her in her place!

Ah it's not her fault. I just need to vent my anger for Tom. I could just go and have a angry wrist exercise tbh...

Ha ha make a start on them valves lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:My fuel gauge doesn't work. I have to smack the dash to make it move!

So do i, its getting really annoying now
Thanks given by:
OP thats not low, mine is currently the other side of the red.

Trying to see if its possible to get over 50l in.

Would of filled up tonight but its a shell points month in march so i need 3 or 4 fill ups to get bonus points so im waiting, tempted to see if i can make it to work tomorrow.

will get a photo before i fill up
Thanks given by:
I ran my HDI out last week. about 50 yards if that from petrol station. Took 61litres to brim Sad(
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
HDIkyle Wrote:I ran my HDI out last week. about 50 yards if that from petrol station. Took 61litres to brim Sad(

Lucky, my black HDi took nearly 70l to brim.
Thanks given by:
daaaaaaamn 70 litres to brim! interesting to see how you get it to the other side of the red tho... wafty french electrics!

haha nah not even close to 7k! think its around 6250, bogs down, like hitting a deeeep puddle

christ niall. grim. just grim.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I decided to push it as from the fuel light and where yours is i can only get in 45l into the supposedly 55l tank so I thought Id push it this month.

Oh and for my 16v XSi its about 6500 on the rev counter it bounces at. Looks lower on my dyno graph though like the 6250. Need cams.
Thanks given by:
from where that is, if i filled up, id get about 55-57l in. most ive ever got was 58l, the needle was just a tad more to the left

ah right, might be about that on mine, haven't done it in a while, and i wasn't looking at the tacho when it happened! felt it hit, then changed gear. whats yours hitting on the dyno?
need cams, higher CR, rebuild. turbo. s/c. list goes on haha

Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:from where that is, if i filled up, id get about 55-57l in. most ive ever got was 58l, the needle was just a tad more to the left

ah right, might be about that on mine, haven't done it in a while, and i wasn't looking at the tacho when it happened! felt it hit, then changed gear. whats yours hitting on the dyno?
need cams, higher CR, rebuild. turbo. s/c. list goes on haha

Mine is standard bar a GTi6 inlet manifold and induction kit on just shy of 100k and made 139.?bhp on 95 octane fuel.

It feels alot better on v-power so probably just over the 140 now.

Im torn as to weather to actually tune this now as id love to fit my exhaust manifold and a de-cat but I really could do with saving for a diesel after the summer. dont particularly want to cos i live the noise but needs must.
Thanks given by:
id guess mine'd make just less than that then, mine's totally standard, engines sitting around the 90k mark.
know what you mean, i want to put gti inlet and exhaust, decat, decentre box, but i also want a derv.... love the sound of this, even with the standard exhaust, and love how it drives, but the petrol bill is kicking me in the nads...
want a 106 NAD, slap a turbo on it for the LOLs

Thanks given by:
I reckon the eaton off a mini would work well on the NAD.

Petrol bill is a killer.
My spritmonitor account says its costing me £22.28 per 100 miles and Ive done 2153 miles and £480 in just under 2 months, thats just under 28mpg. Mental really.
Thanks given by:
That's what my needle looks like after I've just put a tenner in.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Daniel306 Wrote:
Foxy-jim Wrote:My fuel gauge doesn't work. I have to smack the dash to make it move!

So do i, its getting really annoying now

I'm going to try and fix mine today!
Thanks given by:
when you fix it jim let me know what the problem was as mine is really sloww at going up. only happened after i took em apart.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm just gonna take them apart again then put them back together haha. Trial and error!
Thanks given by:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:
Hitchos Wrote:i use to run out once a month ( normally the day before payday) became a running joke at work, havnt ran the d-turbo out yet but have been bloody close

Keep a safety bottle of veg in the boot !

CHECK

[Image: 194669_10150766642195354_611805353_20378...5372_o.jpg]
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
My cars only have 1/4 tank in them and stay in the red. I fill them up when passing places and never run out. If longer trip I fill up more when passing. But I keep the fuel tank low with the weight in the car. lmao lol
Thanks given by:
Welshy_Pete Wrote:My cars only have 1/4 tank in them and stay in the red. I fill them up when passing places and never run out. If longer trip I fill up more when passing. But I keep the fuel tank low with the weight in the car. lmao lol

See im the opposite. I hate going to the petrol station so i run it as empty as i can and then fill it to the brim.
Thanks given by:
I just used to fill up with 20 litres of veg at a time ... spare litre in the back just in case.

Funniest time I ran out was on the way back from stratford ... one of the injector lines snapped while I was there beacuse the pump hadn't been secured on properly, so running on 3 cyl and put a metal tin in the engine bay to catch the fuel from the cracked pipe. Ran out of fuel a few miles from home so opened up the bonnet and emptyed the now almost full tin into the tank and made it home! Haha lol
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
Haha that's awesome! I fill up once a week. £30 is enough!
Thanks given by:
I tank mine once a fortnight..........if you had the slow guy in the Ipswich Shell I'm sure you wouldn't be a 5'er in at a time! lol Plus - i use more than a fiver in a day, so might aswell just brim it and save the trips to the petrol station!
Thanks given by:
More than a fiver of fuel a day :-o
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ha ha cost's a fiver to start mine lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:That's not low.......this was mine on Tuesday.....note over 600 miles to the tank! Big Grin

[attachment=0]

tom have you ever reved the car over 2k rpm?
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:That's not low.......this was mine on Tuesday.....note over 600 miles to the tank! Big Grin

[attachment=0]

tom have you ever reved the car over 2k rpm?

Yep......the limiter gets in the way though. Sad

Seriously, the mpg gets worse if they're never driven hard!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TT: Closer to the Edge lewisdmz 4 934 19-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Last Post: samass
  Climbed Helvellyn, striding edge and Catstye Cam at weekend ben306 9 1,830 17-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Connor