Fitting Decat Pipe 306 HDI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting Decat Pipe 306 HDI
Do I need a fitting kit to fit this decat or can I use the original fitting kit and donut gasket ring etc? I know a new gasket donut ring would be advisable but in other words will it be a straight fit without anything else this is the decat I have bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-2-...43c1b26415

And this is the fitting kit I have been looking at: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FK80084B-Peuge...43aad716bd

Is this the one I need or do I even need it?
Thanks given by:
Its better just to buy the fitting kit, 9 times out of 10 the bolts are gonna be seized and you won't be able to reuse them. I was very lucky on my hdi at 173k, nothing seized..
For your own peace of mind, just get it Smile
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 11:06 AM)vlj Wrote: Its better just to buy the fitting kit, 9 times out of 10 the bolts are gonna be seized and you won't be able to reuse them. I was very lucky on my hdi at 173k, nothing seized..
For your own peace of mind, just get it Smile

Thanks for the reply suppose it would make it easier too, could just grind the old bolts off, is the one that I have posted a link to the correct fitting kit?
Thanks given by:
I was looking at decats today for my hdi, saw one on ebay for £49, looked the same as the one in your link, might be worth a look to save a few quid mate
Thanks given by:
Yeah the same company do a mild steel one for 49 quid, the more expensive one is stainless.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-2-...43c1bbf9b1

I have just fitted one to mine, i got the new fitting kit, so i had the new wire ring gasket as the old one when it came off was trashed! i was going to replace that as a matter of course, and i had the new studs just in case i snapped one but luckily i didn't, you can get the fitting kit from The pug dealer iirc it was about 12 quid.

Can't believe what a difference it made to the car, mine has a stage one map and it goes so much better revs a lot more freely and smokes less to.
Thanks given by:
Its well worth doing, can it be done on its own or is better to get the remap done first before changing the air filter and exhaust?
Thanks given by:
decat makes such a difference. Cost £29 to fit it at my local place. Took 30 minutes and saved me the hassle.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info! Might have to look at decat pipes this weekend!
Thanks given by:
Really need to decat the 40-bus, maybe it'll be faster than Vaughan's picasso then!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(12-11-2013, 04:45 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Really need to decat the 40-bus, maybe it'll be faster than Vaughan's picasso then!

In your dreams.
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2013, 05:00 PM)vlj Wrote:
(12-11-2013, 04:45 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Really need to decat the 40-bus, maybe it'll be faster than Vaughan's picasso then!

In your dreams.

Hey, we were level pegging it and yours is mapped!

Thanks given by:
(12-11-2013, 05:01 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(12-11-2013, 05:00 PM)vlj Wrote:

In your dreams.

Hey, we were level pegging it and yours is mapped!

I think that shows just how little hope that thing has. It was genuinely painful to drive beforehand
Thanks given by:
The thing is, both are CHRONICALLY slow at the end of the day lol

Thanks given by: