Headunit just died.. help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headunit just died.. help
hi everyone Smile was out with a bunch of friends last night playing with subs and amps (i was amazed at how much spare audio we had in our cars) anyway i redone my whole system then just sat there with the tunes blaring out and bam the headunit just went off... tried to switch it back on, nothing. started up the car checked everything else works all good lovely. tried headunit again nothing. checked all the sub wiring alll fine checked the fuse in the back of the headunit and that was fine.. it wasnt even hot :/ i havent checked the cars fuse because it was dark and i didnt know which one it was.. will check that first thing...
Anyone know what could of happened here?? Annd how to fix my headunit?? its less than 6month old and i bought it new so im pretty pissed off with it really... its been cracking bit of kit til now :cry:
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Have you got warranty?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Try the fuse first. If this isn't it, check all your speakers and make sure nothing is shorting then take the power off completely and leave it for a few minutes. Mine did this when I shorted a speaker and it went into protect mode. Had to take the battery off to get it back to normal.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I bought it brand new on ebay so i dont know :/
I also disconnected the batttery for a couple minutes and that didnt do anything, must be connected to the sub and amp faffing we were doing this evening...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
You will have a warranty with the manufacturer.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Sounds like it will be the fuse mate.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Yea look at the fuses good place to start.

Mine did not use to start when the car started as one of the speakers had come unplugged.
Thanks given by:
Fuse sounds favourite for this to me Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Everyone that said fuse deserves a cookie Big Grin it was fuse 25 it had a 5amp in that had blown.... shouldnt that one be a 10??
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:Everyone that said fuse deserves a cookie Big Grin it was fuse 25 it had a 5amp in that had blown.... shouldnt that one be a 10??

The trusty Haynes manual states that F25 should indeed be a 5 amp, so I would be inclined to check for other possible causes. My HU once did exactly the same thing, and since replacing the fuse it's been fine ever since, sometimes these things just happen.

If your HU goes off again, the first thing to check is the clock in the centre console, as that shares the same fuse Smile
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:Everyone that said fuse deserves a cookie Big Grin it was fuse 25 it had a 5amp in that had blown.... shouldnt that one be a 10??

If nobody beats me to it I will have a look at lunch mate, I have a list in my car but 5A sounds small to me!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
5 amp does sound about right actually! You will probably find you just shorted the casing or something whilst fiddling with it
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Just chuck a new one in and see if it does it again!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got a new one in working fine again now Smile thanks alot everyone..
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
autodata says 10A for 25 (ignition live) and 20A for 8 (permanent live). remember thats rated to the factory fitted stereo though
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternator died Oldjon 1 1,112 15-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: reese
  Has my battery died on me! cpikey316_ 11 2,330 22-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: cpikey316_
  Rev counter died 306Puggy 2 1,968 28-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Aaron _d95