Turbo, Egr and fuel rail sensor fault

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo, Egr and fuel rail sensor fault
Eml light is on on my 307. Faults came up as turbo pressure solonoide, egr and fuel rail pressure sensor, can't remember the word he used but i was told it was possibly a bad connection somewhere. Dose that sound correct and where should I start looking
Thanks given by:
What engine is it? I would blank the egr, and the turbo solenoid will be at the front of the block, it could be a bad electrical connection to it or a vac leak.

How does it run?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Could be an earthing issue, have a check of your earths.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Its a 307 2.0 16v 136hp Hdi, it runs fine mostly, but sometimes it goes into limp mode then other times it makes me feel like the churchill dog, power-none-power-none

Iv bought peugeot planet tonight so will wait for that to be delivered, i stopped in at the garage on my way home today but i should have taken notes of the codes, they all related to the circuit rather than the sensors/solenoid
Thanks given by:
Get the fault codes up and I have found in my opinion the live data is very useful for the egr and turbo solenoid valves to see if they are opening correctly.

Iirc the 136bhp is Siemens?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes, all 136hp are siemens, think they are mappable tho?
Thanks given by:
I'd go with a vac leak.

Not all the 136s are Siemens though
Thanks given by:
Never believe everything you read online, are they mapable?

How would i go about finding a vac leak?
Thanks given by:
Personally Id buy a f*ck load of the correct diameter poly pipe and replace all the rubber bits as after 10 years itll of gone brittle and started to crack. The one off the turbo is usually worst
Thanks given by:
Would that cause the fuel rail sensor fault... cant remember what the correct code/description
Thanks given by:
No it wouldn't, hence why i suggested earths. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Would PP show up a poor earth? It could be more than one fault? iv have a better look at it tomorrow, I remember thinking that the 306 had a hard turbo to access, think it really would be easier just to remove this engine to get at it
Thanks given by:
Yes, in the form of random faults that don't appear to make any sense when considered together. Hence why i'm suggesting you check your earths...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So had a look in all the time i could stay outside in the cold and found a earth looking like this

[img][Image: 20131107_192251_zps793fe9ff.jpg][/img]

Also found some modification but not sure if it would cause what started out as an intermittent fault, anyone know what thease wires are for? i can get more photos of the codes on them

[img][Image: 20131107_192304_zpsdc134158.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 20131107_192344_zps9f993e4f.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 20131107_192349_zps620965cd.jpg][/img]

is this the turbo and egr solenoids?

[img][Image: 20131107_192233_zps2d07b702.jpg][/img]
Thanks given by:
Wow that looks like a whole lot of fun... Doh Almost looks like it's been done deliberately, that looks like it's been soldered up rather than shorted wires. Need to find a wiring diagram for it really, got a haynes?

At least the earth will be easy to sort out, small mercies eh!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I has been soldered, it connects those two wires to the Ecu loom by the looks of it

This car has done almost 0 miles since the mot in july and there was no fault then, i was told that while it was parked up the fault developed...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  expected fuel rail pressure figure... pug306driver 8 1,851 12-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Interesting read about common rail diesel engines. JTaylor2005 1 1,017 24-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Hdi fuel piping/sensor query... allanallen 1 882 27-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Poodle