307 136Hp Clutch/box Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 136Hp Clutch/box Questions
Anyone know if the 136hp engine in the 307 uses the same flywheel as the 306 hdi?

Bought a 05 307 Hdi XSI fairly cheep as the clutch is just starting to slip so was planing to remove the dual mass flywheel when the gearbox is off
Thanks given by:
Different flywheel, clutch, release bearing and box.

They are DMF, different clutch, hydraulic release bearing and an ML series box.
Thanks given by:
looks like i need the £350 kit on ebay? thhink it is ML, its 6 gears

When changing into 4th when accelerating it crunches but when slowing down its fine, sound like a synchro ring? Should i try new oil, replace the box or just the synchro ring?
Thanks given by:
Try changing the box oil first and see what comes out with it (ie chunks of metal) as £15 is alot better than a new box.

Dont try rebuilding the box, its a mind f*ck and needs a load of special tools.

If your doing the box you might as well swap to a SMF and new clutch but make sure you get the right ML as they have different FDs
Thanks given by:
Are they much worse than a be3 to rebuild? iv just fitted a full quaife kit to my 205 box
Thanks given by:
Oh if you've rebuilt a box before then its probably no issues. I opened up a BE3 and thought f*ck rebuilding that (and I've rebuilt engines, turbos, calipers etc)
Thanks given by:
http://www.rallyparts.co.uk/cwp_change/

Thats the guide i used, wont have a guide for the MA box but it cant be too far a diffrence.... i hope. or its £150 for a new box then possibly sell my faulty one to reclaim some of it

Cost of car + good 2nd hand box + fly/clutch kit is still under the asking price of some of the cars iv seen on ebay
Thanks given by:
Did it once today when going into 2nd, and it only dose it when its hot so makes me think the oil needs changed
Thanks given by:
Changed the oil and it was much thicker than the new stuff i put in and it made no diffrence, looks like i need to keep a lookout looking for a new box...
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know what gearbox an XUD engined Expert van uses, it is a cable clutch.
Thanks given by: