French and british combination

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French and british combination
This thread is full of shit, other than the car.

The Mk2 Rover 200 (the wedge shape) was basically a Honda Concerto in drag. It even said Honda on the dashboard moulding.

the bubble shape Rover, followed on by the ZR, was nothing to do with Honda.

The VVC Engine, available only in 1.8 (143bhp or 158bhp) guise only - it was nothing to do with Honda.

The VVC engine is two electronically actuated half-inlet cams, driven by two cambelts. It was tremendously detailed, with the idea of the two half cams allowing full cylinder optimisation rather than a compromised cam profile which trades two cylinders off. VTEC is the most simple of all variable valve timings, since it relies on a hydraulically engaged third cam profile.

The T series Rover engine, the 2.0 non turbo and turbo engines, were all Rover. They were cast iron blocks and weighed quite a lot, but not much more than an XU10 engine does.

Yes, I owned/maintained 5 different Rovers. I never had any HGF issues either as i'm not a f*cking retard who can't check the basics.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2013, 06:23 PM)C2K Wrote: This thread is full of shit, other than the car.

The Mk2 Rover 200 (the wedge shape) was basically a Honda Concerto in drag. It even said Honda on the dashboard moulding.

the bubble shape Rover, followed on by the ZR, was nothing to do with Honda.

The VVC Engine, available only in 1.8 (143bhp or 158bhp) guise only - it was nothing to do with Honda.

The VVC engine is two electronically actuated half-inlet cams, driven by two cambelts. It was tremendously detailed, with the idea of the two half cams allowing full cylinder optimisation rather than a compromised cam profile which trades two cylinders off. VTEC is the most simple of all variable valve timings, since it relies on a hydraulically engaged third cam profile.

The T series Rover engine, the 2.0 non turbo and turbo engines, were all Rover. They were cast iron blocks and weighed quite a lot, but not much more than an XU10 engine does.

Yes, I owned/maintained 5 different Rovers. I never had any HGF issues either as i'm not a f*cking retard who can't check the basics.

lmao
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Kill it with fire!! lol
Thanks given by:
That's quite possibly one of the worse mash ups I have ever seen. Ever.
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
The car is located about 10 miles from me... I might go kick the owner in the nads.
f*cking hideous. lol
Thanks given by:
The 1.6 rover used in the coupe etc was a honda engine

Thanks given by:
£390 winning bid, not bad considering the engine is more or less worth that alone
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Oh god even a mg tf front bumper
Shocking
Thanks given by: