Remapping hdi help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remapping hdi help
Hi lads I'm new on here and on derv so be gentle I after abit of help iv just brought a standard 2l 306 hdi on a 1999 but it is really slow so I'm looking for someone that is respectable for mapping near me I live near Coventry but don't mind travelling I'm going to decat it and replace the back box with straight pipe to get a nice not unless anyone can help me out with somthink with better results and plus does anyone no what pipes I will need for a front mount as I have one and a load of pipe work in the garage and it looks like it's to be together hahah any help will be appreciated Huh
Thanks given by:
Do you have a map you need uploading or do you need to buy and have a map uploaded?

For the uploading you'll need a lap top (or an extension lead to put your desktop in the car) and then buy a KWP2000+ tool off ebay, they are about £20 but dead easy to use.

For a map try http://www.gowhippy.com/ or http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/.

As for FMIC pipes it entirely depends on what intercooler you plan on using and if your keeping the air con or not. The usual route is a 41mm 90* long leg off the turbo into a 2.2HDi bottom pipe (i have one of these for sale) to bring you out at the front of the engine then for the top a 2.0 HDi 110 metal elbow off the inlet manifold and a oem rubber hose off that again to bring you over then engine. From there you will need appropriate pipes, hoses and clips to meet the intercooler.
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 06:18 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Do you have a map you need uploading or do you need to buy and have a map uploaded?

For the uploading you'll need a lap top (or an extension lead to put your desktop in the car) and then buy a KWP2000+ tool off ebay, they are about £20 but dead easy to use.

For a map try http://www.gowhippy.com/ or http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/.

As for FMIC pipes it entirely depends on what intercooler you plan on using and if your keeping the air con or not. The usual route is a 41mm 90* long leg off the turbo into a 2.2HDi bottom pipe (i have one of these for sale) to bring you out at the front of the engine then for the top a 2.0 HDi 110 metal elbow off the inlet manifold and a oem rubber hose off that again to bring you over then engine. From there you will need appropriate pipes, hoses and clips to meet the intercooler.

Ok I don't have anythink at the moment as I'm learning at the moment and iv been quoted 179 for a remap at midland remapes but he has just told me that he might not be able to do due to it being on the cross over year and also how much do you want for the pipe as my money is running away with the wind haha and I would like to use someone who is known on hear for remapping like I'm going up to Leeds In the morning to fetch a gti6 rear beam and uprated shocked and Fronts to match so maybe if there is somebody up there or on the way ect and also does anyone no wich is the best turbo to have on as my mate kk somthink like that and mine looks diffrent so I'm guessing it's a garrett cheers
Thanks given by:
Mr Whippy is in Leeds and will do you a good map for alot less than £179.

The K03 turbo is marginally larger than the GT15, early cars got the Garrett, later cars got the Borg Warner but essentially it wont make more than a couple of bhp difference
Thanks given by:
Sound as do you or anyone have any contact details or can get hold of him as iv heard good things about mr whippy
Thanks given by:
Have you tried the contact details on his website?
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 08:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Have you tried the contact details on his website?

There is only a email address I'm just trying that now but as I'm new it won't let me message him on here it'll be ashame if I miss out on it as I'm going all that way but such is life

(03-11-2013, 08:12 PM)Donkeybubles Wrote:
(03-11-2013, 08:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Have you tried the contact details on his website?

There is only a email address I'm just trying that now but as I'm new it won't let me message him on here it'll be ashame if I miss out on it as I'm going all that way but such is life

Also have you still got the boost controller pal
Thanks given by:
Ive still got the electric boost controller.
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 09:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Ive still got the electric boost controller.

Sorry pal spoke to my pal and he's just brought one but I had my car mapped today by ultimate remapes and Is much better but still not a patch on my mates but he has taken he's cat out and rear box and put a k&n would these little extras make that much difference hope someone can help
Thanks given by:
Lol... Sorting out your exhaust will help a lot - decat and de-backbox. A k&n wont make any difference apart from ruining your maf. I'd be surprised if your map will ever make as much power as one from mr whippy or pro_steve, not many people can map these engines very well.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ye I did try and get it done by mr whippy but he was busy as it was really short notice as I had to go Leeds so I had it done in Birmingham but I think then I'm going to leave the standard air filter in and decat and remove the back box just for that little bit of noise is that proberly the best option ?
Thanks given by:
Then maybe, just maybe you can keep up Tongue
Thanks given by:
Haha iv had it mapped now and it does really transform the car I have also decated it and removed the back box and replaced with straight pipe I have a electronic boost controller I want to fit and a boost gauge could anyone shed any light on we're to fit these to the 2.0 hdi engine or a thread on them as I carnt manage to find one any help will be great cheers lads
Thanks given by:
U need to tap into the inlet elbow somewhere.
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What that for the boost gauge???
Thanks given by:
Hi lads I have another question about if you think that what I'm about to buy is worth the money right I have found a pretty much new fmic and all relevant pipe work and plasma boost gauge and also a electronic dump valve wich I probz wouldn't use but it's with it and a the intrument clocks in plasma and he is after 250 posted for my 306 hdi what do people think of the price hope you can put your input thanks??
Thanks given by:
Never go to big brand company's like long life, you will only get a shitty map trust I spent £250 for one and got me f*ck all , then spent £60 for pro-Steve and saw a mega difference
Thanks given by:
Ye I had it done buy a ultimate remap in the end and he has done a nice smooth and very noticeable map lots more power then went to long life had my exhaust done cat out and straight pipe for a back box and it now goes well and sounds nice now I want to go to stage 2 see what difference I get then but I will use mr whippy or pro Steve this time see difference maps as these 2 are the best from research
Thanks given by:
These 2 are the best for sure I've heard this a lot mr whippy or pro Steve.
Thanks given by:
tb205gti did a great job with both my stage 1 and stage 2 remaps.

He just emailed me the files and I flashed them myself.

I'm in Brum if you need a hand.
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2013, 11:23 PM)Pipps Wrote: tb205gti did a great job with both my stage 1 and stage 2 remaps.

He just emailed me the files and I flashed them myself.

I'm in Brum if you need a hand.

Nice one pal and iv just had stage 1 but now fancy stage 2 did you notice a big difference when you went to stage 2???
Thanks given by:
Yes! An enormous difference! Smile

But you'll need a front-mounted inter-cooler ("FMIC") and an uprated Sachs road clutch as a minimum before you can properly run a Stage 2 remap.
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2013, 10:13 AM)Pipps Wrote: Yes! An enormous difference! Smile

But you'll need a front-mounted inter-cooler ("FMIC") and an uprated Sachs road clutch as a minimum before you can properly run a Stage 2 remap.

Sweet going out today see if I can find the 406 pipes as I'm got some pipe work and fmic just need a clutch really and I should be ready to go hopefully
Thanks given by:
There's usually a few FMIC'd cars being broken in the classifies of the various 306 forums.

Certainly makes it both cheaper and easier to find the parts.

Kris B did a great job of installing mine for me. He was even able to expertly keep the aircon.

Good luck in your hunt!
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2013, 03:32 PM)Pipps Wrote: Kris B did a great job of installing mine for me. He was even able to expertly keep the aircon.

Thats awesome, I've been thinking about a stage 2 for a while but didn't want to lose my AC. What IC did you and did he have to trim much out the bumper to get it to fit?
Thanks given by:
Pips did you keep your original fans or a set of slime line ones as I'm gonna have a go this week as got my top and bottom pipes ready to go???
Thanks given by:
At a guess I would say he had to replace the fans with slim ones as the standard ones take up far too much space.
Thanks given by:
As above, very hard to keep the oem fans and slimline ones are pretty cheap tbf. To keep the aircon its easiest to go twinpass intercooler.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(19-11-2013, 07:02 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: What IC did you and did he have to trim much out the bumper to get it to fit?
I bought the intercooler second-hand together with all the necessary pipes. Made it a lot easier.

Kris B indeed did a great job of keeping the air-con, and was so clever with the routing of the pipes along with the positioning of the radiator and air-con condenser that there was no need to cut any of the bumper away at all - it just fitted straight back on with no problems whatsoever:

[Image: IMAG0586.jpg]
Note the pipes running cleanly around the outside of the radiator on both sides, and the awesome mounting braces, top and bottom.

I then flashed a new map file from Tb205gti, and it was like driving a new vehicle! (I had already fitted a new clutch.)

(19-11-2013, 09:58 PM)Donkeybubles Wrote: Pips did you keep your original fans or a set of slime line ones as I'm gonna have a go this week as got my top and bottom pipes ready to go???
Yes, exactly - I used the slimmest fans I could find. But ignore whatever mounting options your fans may be sold with - cable ties are by far the most secure and reliable way.
Thanks given by:
Sound lads good to see how people do it I'm going to have a go tomoz so I'll take some picks of how it goes hopefully and thanks for all the advice lads and I'll speak soon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remapping Esmyth124 12 3,201 01-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: MY95
  Remapping a hdi?? turkish 8 1,877 10-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Last Post: mcglynn
  Remapping fuel economy Donkeybubles 16 2,545 15-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Donkeybubles