Help needed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed!
Hi all been working on a nice ladies car, it's a 1997 ph2 d turbo. She got it off a trades man who sold her the dodgy car.

Anyway I offered to go round as the car just cut out wasn't starting. I had a good look over it and found two knackered fuel lines. (One from the pump to injector 1 and then the run off to injector 2) Anyway I fixed that. charged battery still no luck. Just kepted turning over. So I took the fuel filter housing off to see a really mucky filter so changed that then bled the system. Still nothing. Glows plugs was next and the relay. There all fine.

I kepted the battery charger on as I turned the key and put my foot to the floor and very slowly it started to come alive, until it finally fired. As I over fuelled it the road was covered in smoke but soon cleared.

The car idled for 20minutes which out a problem. but the smell coming out of the exhaust was over powering and if you put your face any where near it it really stung your eyes.?????????

Anyway the chap took the car out just for it to cut out while driving? Battery's also been changed now.

I think it's running a T2 on a lucus pump. Far as I no it's never been tuned
Thanks given by:
Try selling me the turbo and see if that fixes it?
Just a thought.Wink
Thanks given by:
Hmmm but what if I said it's got a k14 Tongue
Thanks given by:
No idea then!
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2013, 07:28 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: No idea then!

Sounds like someone has filled the tank with petrol.
Thanks given by: