Engine running on after switch off 306 hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine running on after switch off 306 hdi
Ive noticed recently the battery light taking longer to go of when the engine switched of. Then today is Pre ignition engine run for 2 second after.

306 hdi
Thanks given by:
Welshy_Pete Wrote:Ive noticed recently the battery light taking longer to go of when the engine switched of. Then today is Pre ignition engine run for 2 second after.

306 hdi

Any chance of an explanation of WTF that is supposed to mean please, pre-ignition as in actual pre-ignition (the fuel igniting on the up stroke of the piston before TDC?) or are you waffling on about something totally different?

Saves guessing and trying to read your mind if I actually know what your asking lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Im assuming he means the engine carrying on after he turned it off.
Pete did you notice the car running hot at all?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:Im assuming he means the engine carrying on after he turned it off.

So what in the name of shite does that have to do with pre-ignition? lol

My point was that nobody will help if you don't describe the problem properly/in a way that makes sense...............
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:Im assuming he means the engine carrying on after he turned it off.

If so fuel pressure regulator
Thanks given by:
not sure how it relates to dervs but from wikipedia

Quote:The phenomenon is also referred to as 'after-run', or 'run-on' or sometimes dieseling, when it causes the engine to carry on running after the ignition is shut off. This effect is more readily achieved on carbureted gasoline engines, because the fuel supply to the carburetor is typically regulated by a passive mechanical float valve and fuel delivery can feasibly continue until fuel line pressure has been relieved, provided the fuel can be somehow drawn past the throttle plate. The occurrence is rare in modern engines with throttle-body or electronic fuel injection, because the injectors will not be permitted to continue delivering fuel after the engine is shut off, and any occurrence may indicate the presence of a leaking (failed) injector.

Source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-ignition

Thanks given by:

Yes the engine running 2 second after it was switched of.

No the engine was cold started up to move the car run the car 1min max so it was cold.
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Welshy_Pete Wrote:Ive noticed recently the battery light taking longer to go of when the engine switched of. Then today is Pre ignition engine run for 2 second after.

306 hdi

Any chance of an explanation of WTF that is supposed to mean please, pre-ignition as in actual pre-ignition (the fuel igniting on the up stroke of the piston before TDC?) or are you waffling on about something totally different?

Saves guessing and trying to read your mind if I actually know what your asking lol

Soz I think like a petrol engine for 14 years. First time I got a diesel so its taking time lol. lmao

The battery light staying on longer when the engine switched of. Then the battery light stayed on longer after switching the engine of and the engine kept running 2 seconds after it was switched off.
Thanks given by:
stick a couple of botles of redex through it. Could clean some carbon out of the system

Thanks given by:
If its the fuel pressure regulator just remove it and clean it.
Thanks given by:
Yea do what mooey said... i suck at diagnosing stuff! lol

Thanks given by:
mooey65 Wrote:If its the fuel pressure regulator just remove it and clean it.

Whats the best thing to clean it with thow?

thanks
Thanks given by:
Thinners dude just take the washers and rubber o-rings off it.
Thanks given by:
Where is the fuel regulater?

Is that is on the picture?

Ive cleaned the first one out. The bottom one a big job to get at it anybody got a guide or pictures to removing this?

The engine light on now so its got to be sorted out now asp. Also it keeps on running for afew seconds after. So help needed to get this thing on and of the easyest way.

thanks

link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-1579R ... 43a98f6282

link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-EXPER ... 3368c9b973
Thanks given by:
Its the bottom link matey its on the hp pump near the fuel filter.

Its a easy job your only in Wrexham am close iv got a working and cleaned spare.

Pm me your number I will call you
Thanks given by:
My be a faulty stop solenoid :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if its over running theres a tiny filter inside the hp pump that gets a bit blocked aswell, or if you got an air leak in your fuel lines so check your pipes, happend to mine when my fuel filter housing was letting in air coz they got them shitty plastic pipes on top.
Thanks given by:
if it was letting air in surely it would make it harder for the engine to to run?
Thanks given by:
I would say it could be after run as Ben Jay pointed out!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
it makes it a bit shit to start but it also makes it over run it might also put up engine managment with a low rail pressure, same as if it was fuel reg aswell should have thrown on engine managment, :/
Thanks given by:
oh and yeah it can make it bad to run but it depends how much air it lets in, if its an o ring, can cause over run, if a pipe is off or falling out, and then it will use the fuel in the filter and then die, but the in tank fuel pump genraly keeps it topped up, depends where the leak is, as i say i know mine done it becouse i snapped the clips off the filter housing, kept getting air leaks and over running, bought new pipes from pug and never done it since.
Thanks given by:
The engine light went of now strange. I just need to get the regulator of and clean it then go from there.

Whats the easyest way to get it of also what tool?

Ive used sockets and rachets there to big the filter mounting in the way.
Thanks given by:
The engine light will go out by itself after three clean starts, fault will still be logged though. Bosch don't recommend running redex through cr pumps, just so you know. Ignore 1-way, he's thinking of XUD's, bless him. Wink

Mooeys got a fair bit of experience with fuelling problems lol, worth giving him a shout. The tool you need is a torx head bit (t30 iirc). Make sure you apply pressure carefully and keep the tool perpendicular to your bolt head - they're all too easy to round out. Makes life a lot easier if you unclip the filter housing and position it out the way while you work, can take the mounting bracket off too if that helps, only takes 5 minutes.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Come and see me I will make it right for you.
Thanks given by:
mooey65 Wrote:Come and see me I will make it right for you.

Thanks I will let you know how it goes.

Ive managed to take the sensor of and clean it up. So far it seems to be working fine but will see how things go.

Were abouts you from?
Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:The engine light will go out by itself after three clean starts, fault will still be logged though. Bosch don't recommend running redex through cr pumps, just so you know. Ignore 1-way, he's thinking of XUD's, bless him. Wink

Mooeys got a fair bit of experience with fuelling problems lol, worth giving him a shout. The tool you need is a torx head bit (t30 iirc). Make sure you apply pressure carefully and keep the tool perpendicular to your bolt head - they're all too easy to round out. Makes life a lot easier if you unclip the filter housing and position it out the way while you work, can take the mounting bracket off too if that helps, only takes 5 minutes.
Dunno who this "1-way" you speak of is
But yeah skim reading ftl
Thanks given by:
But... you're skim-reading the HDi section... Tongue
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cooling fan stays running after engine switched off.. Tom85 7 1,420 14-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Last Post: shervo
  Anyone running a red Powerflex Lower Engine Mount Tom85 7 2,238 13-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Tom85
  Won't rev past 2300, running on after switch off. Please help tom-dturb 7 2,318 01-01-2013, 06:15 AM
Last Post: gareth7