Roof bars?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roof bars?
I don't get it? It was once a needed tool for family's who's boot space would not space the fill of going on holiday, but now there every where? How is it a the new trend? They just look stupid and pointless if there for show? Can anyone high light why they am so cool now? Watt made theses ugly bars the trend?
Thanks given by:
There shit looking, there scene now so your seen as cool if you have them on your car
Thanks given by:
Scene innit.

f*ck them as those of us with brains can just sit back and laugh at them.
Thanks given by:
I would kind of agree but then there was a china gti6 a few years back with roof bars and box and that really made the car!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Think they look rubbish on most things myself. I have them as I'm a decorator and carry ladders about but keep them in the back when not in use, helps the mpgzzzz too
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Its when theres a bike rack on the bars too I dont get...

and clearly never been used. It must destroy mpgz.

dumbasses /thread
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I noticed that there all the same style to! I agree what people have said about killing the mpg!
Thanks given by:
I have them on the sedan and also the extra ones on the estate. Came like that and I just cba to take them off.
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
to go one step further i have a roofbox on mine now lol . . . i do think the proper pug bars look dope as fcuk though yo . . .and i do use the roofbox although that doesn't look quite as cool . . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ive got some but there in lock up until I got camping again next year lol Need a new roof box tho thinking about it.
Thanks given by:
There's the euro moonstone 306 that had roof bars and box. That's looks awesome on there.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What amuses me is its predominantly in the VW scene and they are brand whores so its all Thule stuff so must cost a fortune for the Bars, rack and wind deflector combo they all seem to have and it never seems to of been used ever. Surely there must be something better to spend £300 on for your VW?
Thanks given by:
had an ancient halfords set on my alhambra, dad had fitted them for roofbox action on our camping holidays and they'd just corroded into place...lol i didn't remove them because i would have had to sort the paintwork underneath - far too much work
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Makeing a roof rack for our zafira after Christmas, gunna be a "safari style" full length rack with 4spot lights on the front.

not everybody's idea of cool but will work perfect for the look in going for. And will be usefull for the holidays as all the seats will be full and there's not alot of space left for crap the missus will buy from holiday lol
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
I like them................
Thanks given by: