Pro steve remap...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro steve remap...
Got the gellato tool. But im unsure of how to get my original file off to send it to him...helppp
Thanks given by:
Its on his website isnt it? Im pretty sure you only press read then save or something like that, been a while since i done one!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
done mine the other night, make sure you have all the cable drivers installed firstly.
then head to the car, cable in, program loaded and give it a couple of seconds to settle and load fully, key in and onto second turn, then hit ecu data i think it is, then once its done you click read data i think and save the file somewhere, one thats done turn the car off and then back on again to check everything over.
Thanks given by:
Did you have a red border around your screen on the software?
Thanks given by:
trying to remember off hand, i think i did!

is it not reading the data? I got the drivers, and the instruction file off pro steves website as the seller provided me with sweet FA..

Instruction Guide - http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/downloads/Ga...20LTD.docx

Drivers/Software - http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/downloads/gal_1260.zip
Thanks given by:
When you get the chance can you have a look please? Ive done all of the above. But I get this thing about turn the dashboard off for 10seconds just on reading the ecu data
Thanks given by:
you get that after you read the file matey? im in uni atm and have to borrow a laptop to do the process (needs XP) so im afraid i wont be able to until im remapping the car, which will probably be a weeks time.

according to that guide you go to;

'Select ECU data, then read data, you can then name and save the file.'

whenever you read the data and chose the place to save the file (306orig is what i named mine) then it goes through the process and after that you have to turn the ignition off for ten seconds.

where are you saving the file to? have you checked if its there, as it should be after what you've described.
Thanks given by:
Doesn't it work on window 8?

And the Ecu data bit it goes wrong from there. Dont even get to do the file naming process
Thanks given by:
no buddy you need to use windows XP. There arnt drivers for the cable/software compatible with anything onwards of XP, hence me having to borrow a laptop.

You need XP and a good laptop that wont crash, when u insert the cable and it asks you to install drivers, you have to direct the driver to the folder in the downloaded files called something along the lines of 'xp 2k drivers'
Thanks given by:
I've remapped using a Galletto and windows 8.....
Thanks given by:
Realllyyy? Dafuq am I using xp for then, was certain it would only work on xp.. uh oh
Thanks given by:
Lol, plenty of people said it wouldn't work on win8.... I just uploaded it and it worked straight away. lol Might have done it in compatibility mode or something though, can't remember.
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2013, 11:21 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, plenty of people said it wouldn't work on win8.... I just uploaded it and it worked straight away. lol Might have done it in compatibility mode or something though, can't remember.

I didn't work with win8 for me either. I had to use win7 instead.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have win 7 but was led to believe it was only suitable for xp, will try my 7 laptop later and see
Thanks given by:
Ill have to try again later on mums laptop giving me a reaaaal headache ordered a Wpps cable too now
Thanks given by:
I firstly got a kwp2000+ but it didnt work so ended up with the galletto.
Thanks given by:
I've uploaded several maps on win7 with galletto and never had any issues.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pro steve? Jimbo 10 3,055 15-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Frosty