Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
35 Post to message someone? this is going to be longgggg
(29-10-2013, 10:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 35 posts does seem a lot to access PMs to me tbh.

I can understand restricting access to for sale threads, but not PM's. Can take ages to make 35 posts, not everyone's car is a project so won't have a project thread and they may not want to jump straight in with discussions in the lounge, takes a while for people to understand whether the forum is full or banter (as it is) or whether its full of easily offendable people (I say because I made the mistake on another forum and am no longer welcome there haha). So after a welcome thread it can take a while to get up to 35 posts, unless they start spamming 'nice car' in other projects which I'm sure we all find boring! I'm sure there is a reason for it, just doesn't make a lot of sense to me lol.
35 posts is easily achievable in a day, let alone a few days. We almost set a time restraint too, but figured 35 posts was visible enough that we'd pick up on someone spamming just to sell (which we've noticed a few times and prevented already). 10 posts is not nearly enough to prevent people spamming to sell.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 35 Post to message someone? this is going to be longgggg - by Scott - 29-10-2013, 11:51 PM