306 hdi speedo sensor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi speedo sensor
Hi all. Has anyone got a picture of where the speedo sensor is? I can't for the love of me find it. Thanks
Thanks given by:
Is it not some one of the two plugs on the gearbox, white one ana blue i thnk..? Someone should be fit to confirm this for definite
Thanks given by:
Its a white plug. But I just cant seem to see it. Ive been told it's on the driverside near where the driveshaft goes into the block. But I cant find it
Thanks given by:
its just above the shaft entry on drivers side.
take off the intake box/piping and lean over the back and it will stare you in the face
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ill give it ago tomorrow as its my day off. Cheers. Cant stand the occasional speedo reading 0mph when there's speed cameras Sad
Thanks given by:
Hi,

it is difficult to see, loads of people said to go from above, but i couldn't find it, i ended up doing it from underneath, a little akward, it is held in with an allen key bolt, and depending how much oil your gearbox still has in it you might lose some, when you remove the sensor.
When i did mine i fitted the new sensor and then drained the gearbox and changed the oil in it.

Here is a picture of it, circled in red, just to give you some idea of where it is. Hope this helps. Also it might have a plastic bag type cover over it aswell i know mine did, which made it that little more difficult to find.

[Image: T2eC16hHJH8E9qSEYOqUBQVD-tQow60_58_zps05dbf5b4.jpg]
Titch
Thanks given by:
That's perfect Im sure I can pin point that now! Thanks alot made my life easier!
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 02:00 PM)MrMemzi Wrote: That's perfect Im sure I can pin point that now! Thanks alot made my life easier!

No problem
Thanks given by: