306oc Summer Session - MTB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306oc Summer Session - MTB
Seems that there are a fair few of us on here that are into our mountain biking, so let's see who would be up for a big mountain biking weekend in summer. Location yet to be determined, based on who is going and where the largest group of attendees are based, as well how far people are willing to travel. Same goes for dates, we'll work out who is interested first and rough times of availability and go from there.

1. Scott - Any time
Thanks given by:
Lend me a bike and I'll come lol
Thanks given by:
am i allowed to attend fall off and break something?
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 08:03 PM)cully Wrote: am i allowed to attend fall off and break something?

That's what Fooby is for?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
1. Scott - Any time
2. Niall - any time - inside the m25 as I can't travel outside of it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
YES

1. Scott - Any time
3. Dum-Dum - Any time im not working

Swinley forrest, bracknell (its where I go with the lads from work) or aston hill as im only 3 miles away (bbq at mine afterwards) gets my vote, there is proper single track trails there
Thanks given by:
Chris have you ever been to Chicksands? Not too far from you and there is some great fun to be had there! That gets my vote!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Aston Hill and a bbq would be quality!
Thanks given by:
CHicksands is nearer you i thought mate, thats where the lads from work went last week.

Scott depending on how fit everyone feels we could actually ride from mine to Aston hill then back via the farm shop to get meat but it would be a killer ride.
Thanks given by:
Oooh good shout!
http://www.rideastonhill.co.uk
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I want to go now!! Ive just seen videos of their "surface to air" run.

I will say I dont want to do aston hill in the wet, its all hard pack chalk and that is like ice when its damp. My bike is currently f*cked from a crash on wet chalk already
Thanks given by:
Just watched that my self! Its annoying there is nothing like that round here.
Isn't the olympic down hill course open to the public soon as well? Never actually seen that but could be good for another half day out.

Must start looking for new forks!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I need a FS frame and better forks (and straightening out my back wheel and getting a new tyre and tube and new cranks too.
Thanks given by:
Could well be up for this, too much of a wuss for the interesting stuff now, but the single-track looks awesome.

I've got an old dv rim here Chris, if you want it, be impressed if you bent that. It's a v-brake rim though, currently on a non-disc hub.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 09:03 PM)Poodle Wrote: Could well be up for this, too much of a wuss for the interesting stuff now, but the single-track looks awesome.

I've got an old dv rim here Chris, if you want it, be impressed if you bent that. It's a v-brake rim though, currently on a non-disc hub.

Its a Halo Tornado 36H 4x wheel so I've done a good job of bending it, its bent both up/down and left/right as I slid sideways out of a chalk gully at about 25mph into a tree.

The tyre /tube has a massive bulge in it too. Gonna get a pair of Tioga DH 2.1/2.3 as I used to love them tyres.
Thanks given by:
Tbh i always found that Halo always had a reputation for being pretty soft. Even my old Mavic XC rims were bullet proof but then its also all down to how the wheel is built. Building wheels well is a bit of an art!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Depends how far south it is, But I'm always game for playing on the pushiron..Though I've not been on either of mine for months since I ruined my back Sad
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Always game for a ride. Plenty of places around my way, 3 trail centres within an hour of so of where I live Big Grin

I manage a trail centre/bike hire/cafe so should be able to sort bikes etc for anyone thats interested.
Thanks given by:
I'm in! If people want, there's plenty of space here to stay, and arguably some of the best biking in the country!

Failing that, you all know I'm game for travelling anywhere in the country for making win lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Game!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
We should do it like the day before a meet or something.
Thanks given by:
Sounds good to me, although i think i need to get out on my bike for some practice soon haha!

1. Scott - Any time
4. Rich 306 (dependant on not being too north and time of week)
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
So keen for this!

1. Scott - Any time
4. Rich 306 (dependant on not being too north and time of week)
5. Grant - Any time

Surrey hills is a good one too, and could *possibly* arrange camping at mine. No twats invited. Sorry Niall
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
6. Jake anytime
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Why don't we push the boat out and go to South Wales or somewhere?

Cwm-carn and the similar, like port Talbot, have some epic places to ride. The dragon downhill course, and within Cwm-Carn itself there is Free-ride,
North-Shore, XC, Downhill courses and a jump park.

There's cheap local accommodation too!

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I f*cking hate Wales!!!!!
Thanks given by:
I'm up for this too! Any time at this stage but we should get a date firmed up soonish as were all busy so get booked quickly!

We could also do north Wales. coed y brennan is pretty awesome, and they hire self catering chalets just up the way for very cheap (I did a stage weekend up there earlier in he year and it was something like 85quid a head for 2nighfs but that was including canyoning....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
+1 for north Wales. Llandegla and Brenin are ace, Arthur stiniog is a good uplift day aswell. Had a long weekend playing on them earlier in the year and it was awesome, infact we've already sorted next years trip Big Grin
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
^^^Thought you might crop up with that suggestion Wink

Its an epic corner of the world for MTB TBF

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 10:25 AM)Grant Wrote: Why don't we push the boat out and go to South Wales or somewhere?

Cwm-carn and the similar, like port Talbot, have some epic places to ride. The dragon downhill course, and within Cwm-Carn itself there is Free-ride,
North-Shore, XC, Downhill courses and a jump park.

There's cheap local accommodation too!

As grant said cwn-carn (on a mountain so crazy DH) or for a trek to north wales afan or Bristol?. This a slow ride of part of the Ashton court track old track
http://youtu.be/sNPlvfE33ccack This vid was 2011, since then the track was redesigned, even the guardian agrees Smile

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2012/m...bike-rides

Bristol had a few crazy tracks around that all interlink, YouTube

Leigh woods
Ashton court
Can't remember the other names

Love to come out but my bike is fecked and I've not money to fix it Sad
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 07/07/18 Eeyore 0 2,130 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 22/07/17 Eeyore 17 12,244 24-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: gti6man
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,612 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty