DW10 Turbo Question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DW10 Turbo Question
306 hdi when driving pulling up the rev range, when i reach 3000rpm exactly its like the turbo stops boosting, its in every gear this happens, is this normal or is this a underlying problem somewhere. Im going to change the fuel filter tommerow just to make sure that its not lack of fuel.
The turbo goes quiet at exactly 3000 rpm just thought id ask to see if it happens to anyone else's car.
Thanks given by:
The noise isnt the turbo its the injectors and they stop at 3000rpm

The standard car doesnt have alot of power past 3k because of the exhaust restrictions and mapping and the fact that you loose the injector noise just tricks your mind into thinking its not making the power.

Check your 0-60 and 30-70 in 3rd gear times are about right and if they are then get a stage 1 map because it brings the car alive.
Thanks given by:
thanks dum dum, would you recommend a remap or a tuning box?? ive got a tuning box at home already so i might try it tomorrow. are the boost hoses prone to splitting, or are they fairly good.
Thanks given by:
Theres only one boost hose between turbo and inlet becausetheres no intercooler
There usually ok
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Remap all the way, tuning boxes are just resistors that full the ecu into injecting more fuel all the time even when you dont want extra (like cruising on the motorway) and can make the car very smokey and to top it off they all offer very limited gains (about 110bhp) but a remap from pro steve or mr whippy will make a nice safe clean 130bhp.

There is only 1 boost pipe and its not prone to splitting, its actually spectacularly well built, the pipes at either end (especially the turbo end is prone to having its jubilee clips come loose though and the l bent that bolts to the inlet is prone to boost leaking eventually too.
Thanks given by:
As above with regards to tuning boxes, bloody awful things that are more expensive than a map from the forum tuners. Stage 1 maps can make 130, most make 120-125 depending on supporting mods.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Remap it is then!!! Im in cambridge is there anyone down this neck of the woods who can load a remap for me, i can travel a reasonable distance, is it best the buy a stage 1 from pro_steve??
Thanks given by:
Yeah if you buy a map from him then buy a KWP2000+ off ebay and upload it yourself.
Thanks given by:
I'll do that then and ill let you know how it goes thanks for your advise
Thanks given by:
Oh god yes. Get a remap.
I've had my HDi since August, it felt like it hit a brick wall at 3k rpm. The stage 1 remap just lets it keep going past that. Big Grin
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thats deffo confirmed it now then, everyone has said get a stage 1 map so thats what ill get!!
Thanks given by:
I've a stage 1 pro-steve map with egr delete, decat and mid pipe to back box conversion on my hdi estate.
The difference is phenomenal I can assure you
Thanks given by:
im having me one of those then!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DW10 vs DW12 vs DV6 Dreijers 43 16,046 03-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Poodle
Wink Converting DW10 to IDI (XUD) TwinkleToes 22 6,694 27-09-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  DW10 Piper cam 306clot 17 5,616 13-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: toseland