Cars in shopping centres

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars in shopping centres
Just remembering something from back in the 90s and early 2000s, I could have sworn every shopping centre had demo cars actually inside the shopping centre with advertising banners and spec sheets etc, is it me or don't you see that anymore!? I would assume it has been outlawed because it promotes the wrong thing when people should be walking or something?
Thanks given by:
Que??
Thanks given by:
I still see it now and again, mainly outside them now
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Had the new Peugeot 208 GTI, aswell as the 3008 and the new RCZ in the Metro centre.
Quite liked the 208 GTI, however they were claiming that it was the same as a 205 GTI, and they had one with them, with.. wait for it...
less than 1k miles.

I just gorped at the 205 for about 30 mins haha
Thanks given by:
I think i see it more nowadays.

TBH it dosent bother me cos I'm rarely in a shopping center (must be at least 4 months since ive been in one) and I'm not going to buy a brand new car, just like im not going to buy anything from GAP or the the build a bear workshop
Thanks given by:
There's still a permanent display of cars in the Buttermarket centre Ipswich.... Peugeot, Citroen and Ford which are all owned by the same franchise here.
Thanks given by:
Yup, I've seen them in Highcross in Leicester, and the Weston Favell Shopping Centre in Northants.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
My gf refuses to go into shopping centres with me any more and i've got no other reason to go in, so I wouldn't know lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Airports/ferry terminals?

I think it's more a 'merican thing now
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 05:25 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Airports/ferry terminals?

I think it's more a 'merican thing now

Can't say I've ever seen them there.. also seems a bit of a shitty place, who gets off the plane/ferry and thinks.. bloody hell, that looks alright - I better buy that.
Thanks given by:
Lol I used to pretty much live in terminals. The were usually for competitions mind you.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I have to do this now and again, we only do it once a year and people usually just end up asking me if its for a raffle - which it usually isn't.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 05:07 PM)Poodle Wrote: My gf refuses to go into shopping centres with me any more and i've got no other reason to go in, so I wouldn't know lol.

Explain... Lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got a display of Daihatsu's in the White Rose centre... They all look shit and get ignored lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 05:57 PM)Connor Wrote: Explain... Lol

I just get irritated by all the gormless idiots that populate shopping centres, what little tolerance i have to begin with just goes out the window lol. I don't think it helps that there's so rarely anything to interest me in the whole complex, and i'm not so good in crowded places either (raves are different :p ). Like when you get some middle-aged woman and hangers-on walking along while staring at a display in the window instead of looking where they're going - most people would step around them, i just stop and wait until they bounce off me, then make derogatory comments about cranial capacity, the fact they're allowed to reproduce, etc... Nospeak Blush
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 08:48 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(27-10-2013, 05:57 PM)Connor Wrote: Explain... Lol

I just get irritated by all the gormless idiots that populate shopping centres, what little tolerance i have to begin with just goes out the window lol. I don't think it helps that there's so rarely anything to interest me in the whole complex, and i'm not so good in crowded places either (raves are different :p ). Like when you get some middle-aged woman and hangers-on walking along while staring at a display in the window instead of looking where they're going - most people would step around them, i just stop and wait until they bounce off me, then make derogatory comments about cranial capacity, the fact they're allowed to reproduce, etc... Nospeak Blush

Im same as that. Almost gotten into several arguments before in sainsburys because of idiots who just don't pay attention and use their trollies as a battering ram. Only ever go out shopping if its really 100% needed. Everything else i buy is online!

God i sound like Tom now. lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Mate im the same lol hate shopping in general with a passion. Im seriously gonna go all columbine in asda one day...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
I see them all the time, there's a fair few in Merry Hill and those track day people are usually there with a Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lamborghini blah blah you get the jist
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 08:54 PM)Connor Wrote: Mate im the same lol hate shopping in general with a passion. Im seriously gonna go all columbine in asda one day...

Don't you just punch people you take a general dislike to anyway? lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Im sorry, but I held off a pretty long time before I did anything lol and only hit him once...
Thanks given by:
Didn't need to hit him more than once. Rofl

Yeah man, some woman shouted at me in asda the other day because her child nailed itself on my basket, i was just walking out of the aisle and he came tear-arsing round the corner - BAM! Was pretty funny, the complete lack of concern on my part probably didn't help matters tbf. Told her if she pulled her head out her arse she might be able to keep a better eye on the little lady garden, hopefully he'll ask her what lady garden means. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Its f*cking hilarious when a child runs into me or my shopping trolley at the supermarket, "You wanna keep a better eye on him love, he'll get hurt"
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 09:12 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Its f*cking hilarious when a child runs into me or my shopping trolley at the supermarket, "You wanna keep a better eye on him love, he'll get hurt"

Prick Itwasntme
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well if people took better care of their children it wouldn't be a problem cos its certainly not my fault.

No such thing as bad children, just bad parents.
Thanks given by:
You've evidently never had kids. They don't have the common sense to think someone might come round a blind corner and bounce off their trolley. They certainly don't expect thinly veiled threats based on what can only be described as a mild irritation.
Thanks given by:
You've clearly never had kids, sensible parents keep them under effective control (either well trained, sitting in the trolley or on a lead) so they don't risk hurting themselves.

Oh Wait.................................
Thanks given by:
Make a comment about my parenting again Wink
Thanks given by:
You are a terrible parent! You are the sole and entire reason I think people should have to complete tests and obtain a government licence to be allowed to breed. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
now now ladies put your handbags away.
Pellowe is right with the fact that young children don't have common sense and don't think ahead at what might happen but then Dum does have a point that as a parent, you have a duty to be that common sense for that child. Hence why i won't be having children for years. Cant look after rmy self let alone someone else!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 10:01 PM)Niall Wrote: now now ladies put your handbags away.
Pellowe is right with the fact that young children don't have common sense and don't think ahead at what might happen but then Dum does have a point that as a parent, you have a duty to be that common sense for that child. Hence why i won't be having children for years. Cant look after rmy self let alone someone else!

You find when you become a parent you become a lot more tolerant of things like this. You do your best for your child but you can't be its eyes and ears. Phoenix has bumped into people before, if someone came out with a comment like Dumdums when he did they'd find themselves on their arse before they could finish the sentence.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Members scrappy shopping list! Redordead89 9 2,054 06-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Broadband shopping about lolsteve 13 2,020 08-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Last Post: toseland
  pressure washer/snow foam shopping Chris_90 10 1,855 22-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Chris_90