Gti6 - dt conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti6 - dt conversion
Right well as the title suggests iv converted my ph3 gti into a dt, iv fitted the engine from a ph2 dt which started and drove no problems i also swapped over the clocks BUT im having a few gremlins.

The car starts and runs no problem but iv got no revs, speedo or glowplug light. Iv trsged the battery and the output is 16.5v when running so i immedialty changed the alternator thinking the voltage reg inside had gone but i still get the same problem even with my other one and my spare battery to

iv also cleaned up all the earth contacts and added 2 extra earths just to make sure its earthed properly as i know these sometimes have difficulties

Any suggestions on the overcharging and dash clocks would be greatly appreciated Smile
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
what speedo/rpm input are you using? (sensor)

have you checked the bulb for glowplugs?

Im using ph2 dturbo clocks in ph3 petrol...which is now a 2.1 diesel. but all working fine now.
Im using xud pickup for revs on back of flywheel and obviously a electronic speedo sensor on the box.

Oh n my glowplug light didnt work either...till I changed the bulb!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Its electronic speedo and revs, bulbs are fine as checked that as first port of call.

The loom was removed woth the engine and then i just fitted the clocks which were all were perfectly before hand so theoretically it should work perfectly as the only things that are essentially changed is the dash loom.

This is why im still convinced its an earth fault also the battery overcharge is a big concern

Current cars
Thanks given by:
erm, what engine loom you using!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ph2 dt loom that was originally with the engine just removed it all as one and just plugged it in

Current cars
Thanks given by:
Well having a read around the overcharging is all pointing at the alternator even tho iv changed it, iv got a mate that rebuilds starters and alternators so ill get him to take a look at that.

Just this revs and glowplug light that is confusing me, even tried the original clocks and still nothing

Current cars
Thanks given by:
original clocks wont work.

mine is charging around 15v...I am bit worried but nothing is not working or broke!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If i leave the battery on it dies it seems like something is draining it.

Current cars
Thanks given by:
I'm still confused why original clocks won't work; is it purely because it's a phase 3? Meaning a phase 2 (gti) clocks will work? as i can see no reason on my change why it wouldn't - i just need to plug in the speedo (and locate it, i think it's a black 3 pin plug?)

ginge
Thanks given by:
No idea ginge...

the oracle of Ruan told me so I did it and suddenly it all worked
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Anyone else?

Current cars
Thanks given by:
I'd take the dash out and check the bulbs work first - remember they only work in one way, so may need turning around

As for the ACTUAL glowplug illumination, i havn't been able to get mine to illuminate at all.

The speedo and rev's are an issue; i don't think you'll be able to get a rev gauge to work IIRC so you may have to settle with just the speedo - make sure the speedo cable is plugged in to the correct plug.

What drives the rev gauge out of curioisty, maybe i'm missing something. I'm working on the GTD today so could have a ganders at our setup
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 10:36 AM)ginge191 Wrote: I'd take the dash out and check the bulbs work first - remember they only work in one way, so may need turning around

only if they are LEDs. Standard bulbs work either way

As for the ACTUAL glowplug illumination, i havn't been able to get mine to illuminate at all.

The speedo and rev's are an issue; i don't think you'll be able to get a rev gauge to work IIRC so you may have to settle with just the speedo - make sure the speedo cable is plugged in to the correct plug.

IIRC, the speedo plug is a white 3 pin plug and i can't see any reason why it won't work on the conversion unless its wired differently on the XUD loom?

What drives the rev gauge out of curioisty, maybe i'm missing something. I'm working on the GTD today so could have a ganders at our setup
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I think the speedo sorted mate tbh mate im not to bothered about the revs or glowplug as i think ill just make something up for that

My major concern is this overcharging at least when thats sorted i can drive it with a bit more peice of mind

Current cars
Thanks given by: