Ph1 front end on an estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 front end on an estate
Anyone ever done this as it would be pretty cool I think :-)
Thanks given by:
:Ninja:
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I really don't think it would look right
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 04:58 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: :Ninja:

^^^ What he said
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 04:58 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: :Ninja:

Like we discussed before it's not just the front that needs doing to pull off the ph 1 shape. If you go for a 1 off car then [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
For the phase 1 estate you'd definitely need to fully commit to the phase 1 theme, so rub strips, side repeaters etc.

Probably do something with the rear lights too to make them look less modern
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 10:16 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Probably do something with the rear lights too to make them look less modern

Stick some black rubber strip round the edge of them to make them look like the ph1 items
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2013, 04:21 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(25-10-2013, 10:16 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Probably do something with the rear lights too to make them look less modern

Stick some black rubber strip round the edge of them to make them look like the ph1 items

Ah good idea. Paint the top red bit black helps too. I know pretty much everyone with an estate does but it does look way better lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Lol @ Zakk & Chris. Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
They done a ph1 estate on the continent :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Think it would look a little retro in a cool colour like the old ph1 spinnaker turquoise with all the bump strips black and that rear lights idea :-)

When I've sold my shit ST I may have a bash at this !!!
Thanks given by:
How about interior like door cards and that? Or you thinking just doing the out side of the car?
Thanks given by:
Just googled ph1 estate in images and all the images are from here, like lots of pics of Chris's Sundance ph 1 lol

No ph1 estate found though Sad

Commit to it Zach Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Hmm Id probs have the half leather interior tbh if I were to have a bash I like the modernness of the inside but outside would all be old skool ph1
Thanks given by:
Would be easyer just doing the out side, the inside is a pain as they changed so many little bits here and there. im still trying to get my interior into a ph3 atm
Thanks given by:
Yeah I don't doubt it, far too much fiddling around for me with interior I'd keep it all cosmetic
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2013, 01:19 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: They done a ph1 estate on the continent :-)

I think your talking shit, iv just spent 15mins on google spain,france,Hungary and a few other European googles and not one ph1 estate

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 04:14 PM)Jukie88 Wrote: Hmm Id probs have the half leather interior tbh if I were to have a bash I like the modernness of the inside but outside would all be old skool ph1

These seats are rubbish for support, I have a set...way too much squishy foam Sad.

I'd use a certain 5 door cloth seats (can't remember which model) as they are a poor mans s16 seats

Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 09:23 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(28-10-2013, 04:14 PM)Jukie88 Wrote: Hmm Id probs have the half leather interior tbh if I were to have a bash I like the modernness of the inside but outside would all be old skool ph1

These seats are rubbish for support, I have a set...way too much squishy foam Sad.

I'd use a certain 5 door cloth seats (can't remember which model) as they are a poor mans s16 seats

I beg to differ, the ph4 leaf pattern (air bag version) are alot better than any of the other 5 door leathers, not quite s16's but alot better than ph2/3 half leathers

Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 09:32 PM)puglove Wrote:
(28-10-2013, 09:23 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:

I beg to differ, the ph4 leaf pattern (air bag version) are alot better than any of the other 5 door leathers, not quite s16's but alot better than ph2/3 half leathers

Are they firmer and sculpted? I assumed leathers only got squishier from ph1..I'm sorry Sad

Thanks given by:
i wouldnt bother changing the interior to phase 1, although xtdt cloth seats are damn comfy, better than my airbag leaf patterns anyway so maybe oneday....

new mot rules would make it a pita changing a 2002 hdi into a phase 1 because of the whole factory fitted airbag thing, as much as I would like to have a top glovebox again
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ah so the s16 5dr equivalents are from an XTDT, I will have to keep an eye out for a set as I want to get rid of the leathers for a more supportive seat

Thanks given by:
Also came in ph1 xsi's super soft and sqidgy, i do love s16 seats

Thanks given by:
(30-10-2013, 01:19 PM)puglove Wrote: Also came in ph1 xsi's super soft and sqidgy, i do love s16 seats

Isn't your desk chair from a ph1 5dr set, that was supportive hence I'm looking Smile

Thanks given by: